up for a bit of south east fishing

Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:02 am

i'm sick of working late night shifts need something to look forward to for the weekend.

wondering if any of ye lads were up for a bit of fishing on sat 18. make a day out of it and a bit trough the night. hopefully get a small group of us going. should be a bit of craic

was thinking of fishing somewhere between arklow and rosslare strand (maybe try a couple of spots over the day and night depending on how good the fishing going). there are a lot of decent spots there like cahore north beach, roney point, morriscastle, tinnbearna, curraghloe(not sure i spelled that right) and not forgetting some of the beaches in arklow. high tide that day averages around 6pm and weather conditions arn't the best (for fishing) but i've been hearing good reports of Tope, Ray, smoothhound and now that the ban is lifted BASS. i'm going out today to sutton at 6pm to dig a sh*t load of bait in front of the dingy club. get some lug, rag, crab, whites if any, and buy some frozen bait too.

anyway if any of ya's are interested. is there any particular spot u want to fish and what time would suit u. i was hoping to make it a long session 3pm to 3 or 4 am but if ya can't come for a long session ur welcome to join for a while. for a newbie like me thought it would be a good way to meet up with a few people from the forum and have a bit of craic in the process.

Alas

Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:28 pm

Hello there mate,

Your trip sounds amazing. I've fished some of them spots myself and I've never blanked. Nothing huge but a lot of fish and a lot of species. Unfortunately I've made plans for the weekend already. Keep me posted on how you get on please.

The best of luck,
Regards
John D