ballycastle

Wed May 25, 2005 1:32 pm

a little help please iam going up to ballycastle for the weekend does any one know the best place to fish i normally fish the beach around glenarm/binone .if possible not rough ground and easy to access. cheers marty

Wed May 25, 2005 11:03 pm

Hi Carrictroop

The fishing at Ballycastle is an open beach
dingbat

Wed May 25, 2005 11:11 pm

fish to the river / town side of the big stone on the beach, in day time, night time go to the Pan rock side, thats the rocks that go out to sea....if possable fish two rods one close in maybe 10 15 yds cast, pending state of tide the second rod, as hard as you can blast it towards the island......

bait,,,,rag Danny can supply it,, his shop is the one on the zebra crossing, also usefish baits, sand eel etc

hope this helps,,, post report on return :-)
:D
:)
:wink:
dave

Wed May 25, 2005 11:51 pm

cheers i will be fishing the night tide on friday me and my 15 year old lad will be fishing 2 rods each.can you park near to the beach.i will post on sunday night to let you know how i get on. :)

Thu May 26, 2005 12:06 am

the car park is right at the beach. head out over the bridge towards the golf course. youll come to a left go down there, sign posted for a caravan site and corrymeela or something.

watch if your out on the rock, i was up last week scoping out the Surf, it was only a small swell running and other beaches were flat but there some waves hitting the rock and covering a fair bit of it, was around high water btw.

always mean to fish here but its always extremely crap weather when im up (like today) and my mates wont fish in the rain, pussies :lol: .

ballycastle

Thu May 26, 2005 5:02 pm

hi there if you have a young lad with you stay on the beach mate,the rocks can be very chancy even on a light swell ask big davy dtmccc!!!it,s bad enough on your own in daylight but with a young lad and going into darkness not worth the risk.you will get dogs ,flounder ,bass and some coalies on the beach.and its safe.!!!!cheers john.

Thu May 26, 2005 8:05 pm

Carrick, Was it you and the Son I met on Glenarm beach a few months back?

ballycastle

Thu May 26, 2005 10:38 pm

hi k,2 yes it was us at glenarm we have been to glenarm afew times sinse that only caught a few.