rosslare strand

Tue May 24, 2005 9:38 am

Not really a lot of help this but thought i'd stick it in anyway.

Fished SAT 22nd 3.30- 5.15. High tide at 4.30. Put one rod out with peeler (pulley pennel)in the hope of smoothies and fished rag in closer on a two hook flapper.

Had some doggies,dabs and a silver eel but no hounds.

Tide was a little early in the day and the best action here is around mid June on. Might be worth a look this week as tides are springs and late in the evening. There should be some action along the east coast at the end of this week esp if the temps improve!!

Tue May 24, 2005 2:46 pm

Been fishing there a bit lately and if the sea is in anyway rough your best headin to bradys for pints cause you'l catch shag all

Wed May 25, 2005 2:45 pm

Where abouts on the strand are you guys fishing? - I normally fish underneath the cannons or at the point - anything in between can be a bit hit and miss

Wed May 25, 2005 2:47 pm

Sorry - that was me - forgot to log in :oops:

Thu May 26, 2005 10:27 am

Yeah bob, at the cannons,

Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:33 am

Ive only ever really fished for hounds at the point - if the water is choppy/stirred up at this time of year it doesnt really bode to well for fishing under the cannons however if the water is still you will be plagued with doggies. As for the point I normally look for a ligh south westerly and fairly small tide to falling light if possible. I fish one rod at distance and one close in to cover all options, usuall baits being crab and mackeral (Ive found rag to be good at times aswell). Havent been down this summer yet so im recalling the last few years info (i fished every day for a whole summer the year before last in the point). By all accounts tho it looks like its fishing well (a recent sea angler article was written on the area)

Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:34 am

again - that was me - ooopps :oops:

Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:03 pm

it was last october when almark fished rosslare!! their a few months behind at that seaangler mag..

tope

Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:07 pm

has anyone any reports of tope showing up yet?

Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:59 pm

heard of some little 'uns. that's all though!

Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:51 am

No sign of tope yet lads. With the weather the way it is now they shouldnt be too long though.

A few decent smoothies have been landed over the last week in Rosslare and along the east coast also.

Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:19 pm

there was a 26 pounder caught at clones sunday night..

Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:09 pm

is it only off the strand that youd get smoothies and tope?what about over at the safe?

Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:46 am

31lb tope at rosslare point, sat fortnight ago, 2hrs before high water on the flood.... not by me unfortunately!!