start to finish:

looked wet:

dunt know it was gettingdark:

dead fish:

replaced as they were losted:

one us / six bangor:

Report:
14 May 05
After getting a phone call from me old mate Bobby wanting to know will I go for a spot of conger fishing, how could one say NO!!!!!!
Besides my freezer runs over with unused bait "some thing to do with lack of fishing" dog training has got in the way, and Bobby becoming a dad again,,,which proves not all time not shooting / fishing is wasted.....and after moving house, it took more time than I thought to get a blue circle / Quinines type back yard...
Any way, we did manage to get away and on the way to the port we phoned some bloke call "Bruce" who spends a lot of time fishing conger at this mark and had already told the Bob lad which hooks etc to use.
8pm boat rods set up and fishing, great this as we just lower the bait in at our feet
8:25pm I noticed my rod give two tiny nods, at this point I knew to drop what I was doing "trying to make a Jack Russell dog sick" and grab the rod put my ears back and pull like a stud donkey. 15 - 18 minutes later one conger landed photo and returned. Sorry to say that was the last one landed that night,,,,,,,we lost six more.......always another nite

dave

ps I do have a photo, but photobucket don't work for me,, may post it! Ha

Tue May 24, 2005 1:03 am

hang on here's the photo,sorry about water on lens
[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/dtmcc/conger4.jpg[/img]

Tue May 24, 2005 8:40 am

ever seen that horror film 'The Ring'?!!.......

Tue May 24, 2005 10:25 am

Nice one David.

Wed May 25, 2005 12:14 am

Anonymous wrote:ever seen that horror film 'The Ring'?!!.......

:D

I'm just waiting for my phone to start ringing! :shock:

scary creature ...

Wed May 25, 2005 12:43 am

scary creature ... and look at that conger too!

Wed May 25, 2005 11:36 am

nice one dave, you've had the mop chopped ! and what have you done to your face ?

Wed May 25, 2005 6:01 pm

conor wrote:nice one dave, you've had the mop chopped ! and what have you done to your face ?

''Water on the Lense'' my arse. Thats pure unadulterated Smudge Brush!

He's doing ti so he can sneak up on me on a Pier some day, and push me in without reprisal! :shock:

:D :D :D :wink:

Wed May 25, 2005 8:00 pm

he wouldn't have to push to hard k2 ,you fall over pretty easy from what i heard :lol: :lol:
by the way dtmcc not bad conger ,you should try that spot after dark ,theres some big ones knock around there,had one 20lb ish of it in winter .
i'm heading down pier tomorrow evening 7ish if anyone else heading down .

Wed May 25, 2005 10:58 pm

tis only a baby,,
lost a 50lb in scotland a few years ago........and that was holy watew on lens and i did that that film the ring had a good laugh at it

K2 what do you mean "Thats pure unadulterated Smudge Brush! "
Serif call it something else.........besides it would take me far too long having to fix your computers, you know what I mean,me mug's for radio only

R.S. afterdark,,we never got a bite? thats went I thought thinks may go, hope to get back soon,,,maybe this Saturday,will let you all know
suppose K2 would need a lift?

Wed May 25, 2005 11:04 pm

hang on there chaps,,,,,,,,found a second photo me + fish and it did have a smudge tool on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahahahahaha

[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/dtmcc/conger3.jpg[/img]

all the best
dave

Thu May 26, 2005 4:54 pm

Ahhhhhh the Humanity, Put it away! Put it away!

I'm out of Killybegs this Saturday Dave mate, So its a no go for me...