New Boy

Mon May 23, 2005 1:07 pm

I am fairly new to fishing and I was wondering if high or low tide is the best time for fishing.

I have had virtually no success until recently (last week) when I caught two sea trout to spinners in Malahide estuary.

Also wondering if anyone was interested in meeting up for a spot of fishing. 8)

Re: New Boy

Mon May 23, 2005 1:25 pm

I'm no expert but I understand as a genral rule it's 2hrs either side of high water, you can find the tides here:

http://easytide.ukho.gov.uk/easytide/Ea ... tPort.aspx

where on the estuary did you get the sea trout?

Mon May 23, 2005 2:04 pm

Hi Murch

Congratulations on the sea trout.

Both Kiwibob & I reguraly fish Malahide estury .......maybe you could show us how to catch them trout some evening !!

Mon May 23, 2005 3:14 pm

Swords Fish wrote:... I reguraly fish Malahide estury ...

You don't happen to know the chap who left the wrappers from newly purchased lures on the estuary shore last week? - "Swords Hardware" was on the price label...

Mon May 23, 2005 3:39 pm

sounds like a case for miss marple !!! :shock:

seriously, what can you do? we all know that you should leave the place as you find it,
that's standard and I agree. some degenerates just don't treat the area as they should :evil:

Malahide Estuary Sea Trout

Tue May 24, 2005 8:33 pm

I caught the Sea Trout 3 hours after high tide. If you go down past the Swords waste water plant, under the new bridge and drive down as far as you can, there is a slipway outside a large house. This is the spot No idea about the discarded wrappers. Unfortunately it takes all sorts.

Fri May 27, 2005 5:55 pm

Hi Murch,
what type of lures were successful? - colour, size etc.

Type Of Lures

Mon May 30, 2005 11:38 am

Hi, Davehaddock

I was using ordinary Toby type plain silver spoons.

Best of luck

up for some fishing new boy

Tue May 31, 2005 7:47 pm

hay murch are you still interested in someone to go fishing with. i just put a post up myself asking the same thing. the people i fish with were never really that interested and the only one that was now works abroad. i'll be doing alot of fishing over the next couple of months. 3 or 4 days a week and one day were i go bait digging up near sutton across from the dingy club. anyway give us a shout either way. i usually fish anywhere between carlingford all the way down to wexford. i just pick a spot and go.