Layd Church, Co Antrim 22/05/05

Sun May 22, 2005 7:00 pm

People: me and the mutt

Duration: 12.00- 17.30

Tide: HW LW HW
10:24 16:30 22:52

Weather: sunny for an hour then it bucketed down..thunder lighting etc etc ...slight westerly breeze

Bait: Rag, Squid , Sand eel

Rigs: 3 hook flappers, Pennel pulley , Wishbone

Results: 2 Pollock around 2lbs , 2 doggies .. and something that bit through my hook snood

Report:
Saw this mark in the shore marks section decided to give it a go .... . not an easy mark to get to ,the path down to it is steep to say the least.. and with 2 rods, a rod rest ... and an 80 litre rucksack... it was tough going down ..never mind going back up :)
This is definitely a rough ground mark.. but there is a patch of clean ground about 40 yards out ( you can see the sandy bottom from the top of the path) This is the only place to fish ... every where else is a nightmare . I think I lost 6 rigs in total plus weights .... the fishing was slow , doggies fell to sand eel squid wrap and the Pollock to rag tipped with squid... The pennel pulley rig had a whole squid on it ...something hit it hard then was gone and so was my rig . :( I'll get the bugger next time ..

There's photos of this mark in my album

b0ogaloo

album

Mon May 23, 2005 9:22 am

How do i look at your album mate need tips like that on marks so keep posting cheers. I like clean marks so if know of any good ones let me know.

Mon May 23, 2005 10:42 am

Click on my profile and you should see my personal gallery .... the photos were taken with my phone so quality isnt great ... but you can see the sandy bit im talking about

b0ogaloo