kerry from the shore

Wed May 18, 2005 8:12 pm

heading down with 2 mates, 11 june for a week, just wondered if fishing in tralee bay, dingle bay and all your great rock marks had got going yet :?:

Wed May 18, 2005 10:30 pm

Quiet on fenit pier small herring and pollack at night I was fishing for Ray and got a couple of strong bites
while fishing just after high tide on the sea ward side of the viaduct using mackeral.
the head of the pier seems to have gone down since they enlarged the pier last year but there is a new potential fishing mark along that end near the enlarged area of the pier where you can cast on to sand haven't tried it yet
regards
brian

Sat May 21, 2005 10:09 am

Hoping to be in Fenit wednesday to friday to target ray, any help, ideas suggestions welcome :D

Sat May 21, 2005 10:13 am

That was me above. If anybody is fishing fenit during the end of next week, it would be great if you could give me a ring, 0879655093

Sun May 22, 2005 2:01 pm

Best banker mark for ray i am aware of in that area is Reenbeg, across the bay from the town of Dingle. Bob Moss gives the low down on it in his book.

Once down on the shore from the path move right for about 1oo -200m.

I find it fishes best at low water and the further out into the channel the better. (you do need a decent cast.) Unlike east coast when evening is key i have had fish here in bright sunlight at 11 am. I use sandeels but Im sure mackeral will get results.

Good luck..