waterford this weekend

Wed May 18, 2005 1:29 pm

hoping to get out this weekend, any reports available on anywhere worth trying? Might have a spot of Doggie bashing if they are about, any info very welcome ...tnx.

Wed May 18, 2005 3:25 pm

fished brownstown head yesterday morn the best of bait nothing but spider crabs some waste.there was a load of cod going in the river last week.

Thu May 19, 2005 11:18 am

If that's dogs you after, go to Ballymacaw Cove, take the path up the dunmore side of the cove, don't go down to the slip way but carry on for 20-30 yards and go down on the rocks, facing the sea. Cast to right, aiming at the middle of the cove. Caught six or seven dogs in about an hour on frozen mackerel and sandeels (mackerel best) last week. got sick of them so I cast out to sea after a while but didn't catch anything. Caught my first mackerels of the year there the same day on white feathers. I have to try other baits there, anybody ever fished there, or Rathmoylan and Portally Cove? Any advice welcome as I've been exploring that area since September last year, no experience of Summer fishing yet

Thu May 19, 2005 1:28 pm

did you say you got mackerel there last week?try rag where you were and in portally for wrasse and pollock go out to the right at portally its abit of walk out tho.

waterford this weekend

Thu May 19, 2005 1:36 pm

thanks alot for the useful info lads, I think the rock marks are the way to go at the moment, beaches seem quiet and the Bass ban in in place so Doggies here I come! I'll keep ye posted!

Thu May 19, 2005 2:09 pm

yeah but there are plenty of bass been cought at the moment and plenty of good sized flats.

bass

Fri May 20, 2005 10:24 am

barry wrote:yeah but there are plenty of bass been cought at the moment and plenty of good sized flats.

am i correct in saying that bass are not to be targeted at the moment. it's no wonder tha bass fishery is fu(ked

Waterford this wekend

Fri May 20, 2005 1:25 pm

Cheers Barry, I had a couple of nice flats myself 3 weeks ago in Saleens channel below the car park,

is it the usual beaches turning up the Bass?

Tramore, Saleens ...etc

Tnx.

Fri May 20, 2005 1:26 pm

sure no matter where you fish you could catch a bass and to stop people catching bass you would have to stop fishing in total for this time not likely its more of a not takeing home rule the bass ban id think.anyway i dont eat fish so relase everything and its not the person takeing home a fish to eat that is __ it up but the gready ones catching five and just cos they got them they keep them.

Fri May 20, 2005 1:31 pm

yeah and i herd kilfarsy is fishing well for dogs.ther were plenty of good sized flats and suprisingly a dog to the right of the car park at saleen last weekend.head out to moro myself keep ye posted

waterford flats

Sat May 21, 2005 3:33 pm

well anyone fishing around waterford to day anything going?just in myself was down the baldyman for a few flats we only got one a lot of schoolie bass tho all relased.

fish

Sat May 21, 2005 11:16 pm

hi
went out in dungarvan 5/8 p.m.uesed lugs got 3 bass best 4 lb (all released) also got 2 lbs flounder and about 12 coddling best 3 lbs
went out last tuesday and got 9types of fish.inc.7lbs bass(released)
seems to be alot of fish about.
want to catch abass or 2 go down to the cunnigar outside dungarvan
go down past sanddune cast 50/60yards uese lug rigged pennel style
2oz.lead fish eather side high water sometimes u can catch 20 or more.
about 1 in 4 will b 5lbs or over
my son got 12lber there last year my best was only 9 and a bit .also cought lots of smsll gilt head sea bream there got 1 3lbs mate got one 5lbs+
ushoud give it ago ifished all over for bass this is the BEST spot
iknow

Mon May 23, 2005 6:24 pm

thanks for that ill prob head down next sat or sun and give it a go.is there a certan tim of year that the bream are around and will lug do for them or would fish baits be better?