Cooley peninsula 08/05/05

Mon May 09, 2005 7:36 am

Fished Cooley Point on Sunday morning...the rocky peninsula to the left of Templemore beach, arrived at 9am hight tide was at 11.30am

Blanked ...not even a bite :(

Baits used king rag, sandeel, squid and mackeral

Moved on round the corner to Greenore at about 2pm.. looking for deeper water, but the outgoing tidal race was fierce and we couldnt keep a lead nailed to the bottom ( 8oz grippers ) gave up around 4pm :(

Heading to Castlerock, Downhill on Wednesday will post a report

B0ogaloo

[/b]

cooley

Mon May 09, 2005 2:16 pm

whats the story with this place. it looks so fishy but apart from mackerel bashing i've only not blanked once and that was on templetown beach. have you had much success in the past

Mon May 09, 2005 6:11 pm

Fished there twice before , but with no success ....I agree with you it looks so much like bass country , think thats why we keep going back to it :) no doubt we will try it again later on in the year

There was another angler either spinning or fly fishing from the beach don't know how he did ..

You know the man made lagoon to the left of the car park ? its clearly visable at low water , there is a buoy marking the entrance to it , any idea what its for ?

b0ogaloo

lagoon

Mon May 09, 2005 10:49 pm

i think it was made by a local crab/lobster man he seems to bring the boat in at high water, i've always meant to fish it, but never got around to it...maybe thats where all the fish are