malahide estuary

Thu May 05, 2005 7:10 pm

Fished malahide estaury mouth last night with a friend he had 3 bass and two flounder all on big rag baits hard on bottom i had a big fat **** of a blank as per the norm.

i put it down to look but he puts it down to the fact that he can hit the channel in the middle. some tide here you wouldnt want to fall in.

fished from the donabate end cause it easier to hit the chaneel so the other ******* says, there must be some truth in it.

Thu May 05, 2005 8:24 pm

IN THE VILLAGE ITSELF??OR UP WHERE THEY USED TO JET SKI ECT....

Thu May 05, 2005 9:15 pm

Bren, did you go via donabate beach or round the estuary way?
What time by the way?

Fri May 06, 2005 10:28 am

It's a long walk down there now via donabate beach with the boulders halfway down the beach now although it'll stop the cars getting stuck. Is there a way town there from the road to the island golf club? it'd save a big walk !! What size were the Bass & did they go back?

Fri May 06, 2005 11:56 am

Yeah you can make it down via the golf club kiwi. Can be a bit tricky if theres a high tide though, just bang the waders on and you'll be fine.
Its actually a nice channel to fish in.

bren

Fri May 06, 2005 7:17 pm

the bass were all around the 3ib mark the flats were around a pound a piece, all went back

Fri May 06, 2005 7:23 pm

we were there just before dusk wes it was actually tues high tide 10 past ten or so we walked from donabate didnt know about the golf club way. nice spot conditions were fairly good nice bit of surf on the beach.

Mon May 09, 2005 11:24 am

fished it 2 hrs either side of ht sat-12pm & sun-12:30pm - well all I can say is that I musn't be hitting the middle of the channel either - blank ! I must say there is a ferocious amount of crabs there. sat we walked the back of the golf course, won't do that again in a hurry with all the gear (I don't travel light!) found it easier from the malahide side on sun, easier but still didn't catch but I think the middle of the channel is closer to the malahide side - will have to try around dusk time me thinks !!

Mon May 09, 2005 11:33 am

This is the spot, nice although we were milled out of it by a hard squall of rain and howling wind for 15 mins

[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/kiwijbob/DSCN1721.jpg[/img]

Wed May 11, 2005 8:20 am

is the channel, the one in between donabate and malahide or is it found by casting out into the sea at the entrance to the estuary?

Wed May 11, 2005 10:11 am

the pic above is from the malahide side, the channel is quite fast flowing and runs between the to beaches. I don't know which is the best spot yet, but maybe this chart might help?

[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/kiwijbob/malahide.gif[/img]

Wed May 11, 2005 1:34 pm

cheers kiwijbob, will have to give it a shot soon, was walking with herself on the malahide side last autumn and noticed a lot of people flyfishing and spinning there...will give it a go and report back!