Howth

Tue May 03, 2005 2:20 pm

Monday 2nd
Bait: Lug/Sandeel/Squid/Mack

Headed down for about 9:30am, two of us going to go down to the usual spot, but Ian and Mark already settled in :evil: :lol: .
Moved on to the steps. Stayed for a few hours without so much as a nibble.
Packed up and about to head to webbs to see if we wouldnt be blown off it.
Noticed the lads had left, so we went down. Another couple of hours, got few tugs but nothing hooked.
There was already a couple of lads down there, but further around, we werent in each others way at all. Noticed they were using mack feathers, my heart went out to them :lol: .
Not only was there a fierce wind and a bit of a fog, but the water was none too calm.
Anyway, again I ask for my chequebook and pen....blankety blank!
Headed home at about 5pm.

Tue May 03, 2005 2:45 pm

Wes,

Sorry to dissappoint you, but there was nothin goin for us either!! Mark resorted to scratchin around and got a small whiting and a dab, but not a sniff on the baits in the rough stuff! Every bait came back as it went in. Don't know if it was the falling tide, the weather or if the fish had gone away for the bank holiday to somewhere more exotic....like Cork.

One of the guys you saw there came down on a crutch!! He clambered all the way down there and lost about 5 sets of feathers while we were there!! We had seen them there before, so I guess he can get back up again. Now THAT'S determination for you!!

buddys

Tue May 03, 2005 2:50 pm

Looking for fishing buddys to go fishing with any offers
Colin

Re: buddys

Tue May 03, 2005 3:08 pm

**sorted**

moderator?

Tue May 03, 2005 3:46 pm

A crutch! On that slope! Determination is right.

Tue May 03, 2005 3:52 pm

ahh the guy with the crutch!!!! he must be mad for it!!!! he spent the day trying to get his gear out of the rocks. as for the fishin- should have stayed in bed. to think i got a kickin off the misses for going too!! waste of time and bait. it just was not enjoyable at all. pity.