RED BAY PIER 2/05/05

Tue May 03, 2005 11:00 am

Me and a friend fished here yesterday using 3 hook flapper rigs with a selection of rag,lug,sandeel and mackerel. caught 11 fish between us including 1 flounder just shy of 3lbs and best plaice was 1.5lbs. there was 8 of them over the 1lb mark!!

fish

Tue May 03, 2005 12:05 pm

Was this of the pier mate and what time you fish at

Tue May 03, 2005 12:33 pm

Any Pics?

Tue May 03, 2005 3:46 pm

i think we should ban all talk of red bay!!!! sounds like good fishin. any nice places to stay in the area??? pics would be nice. shouldn't hurt too much....

Tue May 03, 2005 11:07 pm

hi all, i have some pictures which i can e-mail to wes or jd??? they can put them up for me if possible. im going out on friday again up to the mark, what i will do is photograph the various different marks in the area. The pier normally is not one of my favourites but it has been fishing really well lately for flatties only. i will also take some photos of the scenery from glenariff which is a fantastic valley leading down to the bay itself so everyone can see the full picture!!! hi pookie fished from 1pm to 6pm at the pier all fish came between 3.30 and 4.45 with high tide at 6pm.

Wed May 04, 2005 6:48 am

http://www.ireland-photo-library.co.uk/ ... ges/21.htm

missed the m off the link above.

Wed May 04, 2005 6:47 pm

lol, Summers in Red Bay, 120 Children casting over eachother, Trying to hit Mullet on the head with Spinners.
Big hitters scared to wind up a cast for Fear of Clonking little Jimmy on the Heed, the remenents of 30 Bags of Ragworm scattered all over the place, Hellish amounts of Line, Hooks, Rigs, Crisp Packets, Tins, General Fishing Rubbish.
No Doubt there's a helluva lot of fish about the Pier, Its just a Pity about the way its maintained.

Wed May 04, 2005 7:44 pm

thats why the LEDGE IS SOO good no kids no hassle and great fish. if you fish the pier anytime except saturday or sunday its fine.