Monster Dab Little Killary 21 04 05

Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:05 pm

Hello all.
Went camping and fishing around Leenaun Co. Galway over the weekend and while in the area thought it would be rude not to try Little Killary for some ray. First cast of the afternoon on Thursday I reeled in what I thought at first to be a small ray. When I swung it up the rocks however it turned out to be a giant thick set Dab tipping the scales at 2lb 1oz! I think this would be an Irish record but I didnt want to kill the fish so off it went. I caught it on a 1/0 baited with 2 sandeel halves and have digital photos but not sure how to put em up here. Maybe Kieran if you read this could give me some help. Cheers.

Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:42 pm

nice fish! well done.

Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:50 am

Hi Sean. Sounds like quite a catch! You can post on http://www.photobucket.com and then use the link to past the photo here, or you can send the photos to me and I'll give you the link to post them.

idpearl@fsmail.net

Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:55 am

Hiya Sean.

That is one hell of a stonking fish though mate, well done that man!! :D

Cheers

Matt

Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:15 am

Well done Sean.Cracking fish.

Sun May 01, 2005 5:22 pm

Thats just short of the irish record , but an absolute sick fish at that, fair play!!!!!!!!!!!!! Irish record for a dab is 2lb 5.5oz caught in cork harbour.

Sun May 01, 2005 6:47 pm

cork harbour?? no surprises there!!! lucky sods!! what a place to fish!!! some day...

CORK HARBOUR

Sun May 01, 2005 11:33 pm

hey mb,

so you would like to fish cork harbour some day :?:
i am in the process of putting something together for the forum users
i will keep you posted if you are interested.
places will be limited to 10 max due to the fact my boat is only 33 feet
i have 4 places filled from my own forum at the moment.

Tue May 03, 2005 4:58 pm

Skipper to be honest i will have to bring the girl away on a holiday before i dissapear on another fishin trip. i would be interested to know more though so do keep me posted. what exactly would you be targeting? also, what gear/ class rods/ etc? i must have a look at your forum.

Tue May 03, 2005 6:39 pm

Thanks for the congratulations lads. Ill get those pics up yet

Wed May 04, 2005 12:44 am

fished cork harbour monday a bit of drifting and a bit on the anchor 8 diff species plaice flounder dab cod whiting gurnard dogfish and blonds no day dreaming here no time for it. as for that record dab seen it, weighed it and signed the form. some fish.

Wed May 04, 2005 10:46 am

Hi all. Here is a picture of the cracking Dab that Sean caught.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/mcclean2k/misc/dab.jpg[/img]

Kev

Wed May 04, 2005 6:18 pm

The modelling agencies are going to be all over me :!:

Wed May 04, 2005 7:50 pm

you cheeky git!! nice fish, nice pic too!! good one.

Wed May 04, 2005 8:30 pm

You saved the dab for modelling??? Surely it will lose it's good looks with age??

Thu May 05, 2005 6:51 pm

It looks like my face is trying to migrate onto the side of my head like the dab's :!: