Howth, west pier 24/4/05 and 25/04/05.

Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:12 am

Hi all, what a great informative site, I have spent a lot of time browsing here, keep up the good work.
24/4/05 22.30 til 00.30, windy, some rain.
Straight legered ragworm, took 6 small (10") cod, gave up cos of rain.

25/4/05 23.00 til 01.30, calm and clear.
Straight legered rag again, slow til 0045, then took 2 10" cod, a small plaice and a pouting.
Went to the west pier cos we didnt have much time, and I didnt want to risk any rock marks having never seen them in daytime...

Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:49 am

Hi Vader and welcome to the best site in Ireland (if not the world!). Well done on the codling off the pier. I thought there might be some there, but have not hear of any being caught.

Have you looked at the Shore Marks section from the Home Page? Some of the marks have photo's to give you an Idea.

Good luck in your future forays

Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:16 pm

Hi,
I think I just need to go up during the daytime and check the spots out. Dont want to be risking it at night time. Last w/end is the 1st time out in over a year, so the west pier was easiest for a quick session. Cheers.

Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:40 pm

Hi lads, i had a few red codling last year here up to about 3lb, fishing the east pier. stuck with public transport so only get to fish it in daylight over the summer. hoping to get out there tomorrow.
have to agree about the site, moved to dublin from the UK toward the end of last summer and this has really helped me settle into the local fishing. All i seem to find is small stuff tho, but its nice to get out :0)

Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:49 am

Frank24.

It seems we have a lot in common. Where abouts in Dublin are you? I often go out for evening trips, what with the kids being at school, its the only time I can get the car! If you'r fairly close to me, I can give you a lift to wherever I'm going, if you want to try different places.

PM me if you want.

Cheers

Matt

Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:12 am

I think we'll all be hitting Howth over the weekend lads.
We all know what marks we like so it looks to be first come first served!
No doubt IDPearl will be there 5 mins and land ANOTHER monster.
Maybe Howth should be a 'NoPearlZone' ? :lol: :lol: :lol: