Waterford Reports?

Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:45 pm

Has anyone got any recent reports for anywhere in Waterford?

Waterford reports

Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:21 pm

daven,

fished last Friday, (April fools day). Low tide at Passage produced an endless supply of undersized codling to lug and crab. Apparently an evening comp a few days before saw some codling of takeable size but i saw none of them.
Moved at about 6pm to a rock mark on southern end of Woodstown as the tide began to flood. It produced alot of flounder in Jan for me but baits were coming back totally untouched! Could have been that they were still off spawning but the conditions were very calm and it was a bit of a neap and this might have had some bearing on my failure.
Would be interested to hear if flounder have appeared for other anglers or if the conditions on the day were difficult.

good luck....

waterford reports

Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:27 pm

Hi daven there were a few Bass going in Tramore last week apparently. 3 of us fished Annestown Sat night 2 hours either side of High water to no avail. Also tried the channel in Saleens on Sunday at low water with nothing but stripped hooks due to the crabs.
Last wednesday there was a comp in Passage with 20 Flounder winning the match. Mostly small ones though.

Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:49 pm

K Staff,

The comp at passage is probably the same one i was referring to above. r u sure they were flounder as i heard codling?

Passage Comp

Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:36 pm

Hi Nick, I could be wrong but somebody who fished it said Flats won it.

Nick I work in Dublin and only get home every couple of weeks that's the only time get to go out fishing. Everytime I'm down I always get the same old story that nowhere is fishing well but there's never any bait available in the shops and there are always loads of guys on the main beaches!

Lies make Holy God Cry!!!

Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:22 pm

theres a nice few bass on tramore at the moment

the lads in saleens are getting them in the mouth of the channel aswell.
theres a few flounder in woodstown and some nice ones in the back eddy near cheekopiont
there you's have it boys.

Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:05 pm

There is a competition in Woodstown on Sun April 10th, 4pm. Should be mostly flounder in the catch.