Trabeg, Dingle, Co. Kerry

Old Shore Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

Moderators: donal domeney, saltydog

Trabeg, Dingle, Co. Kerry

Postby bigkev » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:18 am

Tried spinning from the rocks at trabeg estuary mouth for a couple of hours on the ebb(about mid water) Saturday morning. Had a nice bass of 4lbs on a jellyworm and then lost a bigger fish on a frozen sandeel.
Stong winds prevented us from fishing the rock marks we had intended visiting and a lot of weed put us off bottom fishing. Next week it is then!!
bigkev
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 2 times

Trabeg ,Dingle, Jan25 9-11am

Postby bigkev » Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:49 am

Armed with a selection of leadheads and new jelly baits, I spent a few hours spinning at the estuary mouth. For the first time fishing this mark, I failed to catch a bass. However, its also the first time I have fished it in January.
Conventional wisdom has it that bass take lures more readily during the summer months when there are fry and sandeel to feed on.
Conventional wisdom may be right but I suffer from a serious inability to procure quality bait in Limerick
However, a beautiful day livened up by the sight of a large sea trout waving at me.
Kev
bigkev
SAI Hammerhead

Brandon Creek, Dingle, Jan 25 7am -9am High tide

Postby bigkev » Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:48 am

Havin been inspired by Mr Cookes tope adventures and Kierans coalfish bonanza last week, I decided to do a little coalfish pioneering of my own

Fishing into 80 feet of water from a rock mark where I have caught large coalies in summer, I was sure I would connect with some good fish

Well, I didnt. Leadheads, jellies and spinners all failed to conjure up the large winter coalie.

The trouble with pioneering is you forget just how many blanks are involved before you achieve a glorious success

Still, I love fishing in Dingle, the weather was lovely and next stop was Trabeg, then Fenit, to see how this part of the world is fishing
bigkev
SAI Hammerhead

Return to Archived Shore Angling Reports