MURLOUGH BAY /FAIR HEAD N.COAST

Old Shore Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

Moderators: donal domeney, saltydog

MURLOUGH BAY /FAIR HEAD N.COAST

Postby Ronald » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:47 pm

Fished murlough bay for the first time today ,will definetly be back .we only had five pollack but they were a good size for so early in the season ,up to 6lb which is good craic on a spinning rod ,lost two bigger fish which snapped the line on their inital dive :cry: :cry:
only blip on the day was one of the local charter skippers (predator II ) in his nice shiney rib steaming by at about twenty knots only thirty metres from were we were fishing , he was so close i had to stop mid cast so i didn't catch his nice blow up boat or one of his customers ,this is'nt the first time he's done this either seems to be a party trick of his cos he done it a couple of times last year when we were anchored up in my mates boat on the bank in red bay . :x :x :x
Ronald
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 9 times

Postby 'smee » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:10 pm

Hi Ronald, that would explain his popularity (or lack of) in sea angling circles. He's a bit of a t****r apparently ! I've been warned off his charters by a number of people, including other skippers.
'smee

Postby Drew » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:49 pm

lol, Everybody LOVES Hamish.
8) :lol: :twisted:
2015 Lure: Pollack, Herring, Whiting, Sand Goby, Poor Cod, Pouting

42 Species to beat 2011 & 2014
Drew
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 101 times

Postby pete » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:12 pm

Ronald,
Pollock showing already? I would never tried them until the end of the month normally.

Pete
pete
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 51 times

Postby Ronald » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:56 pm

yeah pete ,we would normally leave it a bit later to but heard some reports of fish to 9lb from north coast so done a bit of homework and managed to find spot , we must of been in the right area for hamish to be so p****d of that he'd come in so close to rocks to try to soak us !!! :D :D
Ronald
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 9 times

Postby pete » Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:38 pm

Ronald,
The bit of homework paid dividends, I would have never thought of them being around so early. Heard a report yesterday that one of the Killybegs charter boats had a box of pollock last week too so they must be back inshore again. Great to see it. You using jellies or naturals?

Pete
pete
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 51 times

Return to Archived Shore Angling Reports