Fishing in Wales!

Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:48 am

I know it's slightly off topic in that it is fishing in a different country, but I thought I'd let you know anyway.

Had to go over to the UK at the weekend, so I took my gear with me with some fresh bait. Ferry got in at just gone midnight, so I drove to Llandudno on the north coast. The piers were closed, so I fished North Beach on a dropping tide. Straight into 2 codling of 1lb and 1.5lb, one after the other. After nothing for the next hour or so, caught two whiting one after the other, then nothing as the tide moved too far out.

Last night, on the way back, I'd heard that Mostyn was fishing well, so fished there from about 7:30 to 11pm. Only had a couple of bites and then one flattie which took a huge bait!

Moved back to North Shore, Llandudno and fished up to 1am this morning, but nothing there. Had to get the ferry at 2:50am, but they don't allow trolling off the back!

Here's the flattie!!......
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/idpearl/MostynFlattie.jpg[/img]

Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:53 am

The bait is bigger than the fish! :D

Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:29 am

I'd been using small baits, so thought as a last effort i'd pack up a big one. That one had fresh lug, crab, squid, razor and frozen lug! Luckily, he'd only got about 3/4inch into his mouth, so was lightly hooked and went back ok.