Ulster Open Gold Medal

Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:48 pm

On Sunday9/1/05 the Ulster open Gold Medal was run on Benone Beach, by the UPC . 84 anglers attempted to win it, but as we know there can be only one winner. Stephen Mc Clennan, and his son James took the Junior title.
It was run on the Measurement system. Winner was decided on measurement alone.Every thing worked out very well, and all fish were returned alive,Every sixth angler was given a measurement stick, but as that angler was fishing it was impossable to watch all. I was one who measured, I was delighted to see the fish returned alive It would need some tinkering around, I would suggest that the measurer sign for the measurement and an adjacent angler left or right sigh the the actuall fish was caught and returned alive, any suggestions
dingbat

Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:47 pm

Hi,

I was just wondering how this competition went in terms of catches. What bait is considered best in Benone.

Thanks ViperSD

Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:37 am

hi
the catch was reasonable winner has 6 there was 2 sixes 3 fives a multitude of 2s and 3s and a lot of blanks as usuall. main bait was rag and frozen mackerel
dingbat