is there anymore big fish out there?

Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:54 am

just came back from fishing in kinsale habour with my brother and a buddy.we caught a lot of smallies and put them back,are we doing some thing wrong or are all the big ones caught by big boats.we had whiting, cod,pollock all on mackerel bits,not fishing long ourselfs, started last may, any hints on how to catch one for the pan.ta a million

big fish

Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:24 am

hello eddie
I'm not long at this myself so take anything I say with a pinch of salt but people who know a lot more than me around kinsale have told me that there's little but tiddlers in the harbour.
As you can see from recent reports here though monkstown is fishing well now. I was out there myself this week and got one good whiting and loads of juniors before rain stopped play, while other anglers were getting good catches of whiting and dabs. Reports on here in the past few weeks have mentioned good cod and the odd bass as well.

Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:05 pm

thanks for that rocky,was in monkstown a few weeks back, and same thing,small things.well it is the luck of the draw really,i wonder will this storm bring us any luck?

big fish

Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:28 pm

no worries eddie
I had fished there a few times before with nothing but crabs to show for it as well so I think it's just fishing well these days.
Beyond that, I'm stumped... although I reckon any angler will tell you the only way to get the big fish is put in the time, something i'm definitely finding out for myself these days.