M..M..Malah..h.h.hiddde

Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:22 am

S..s..so c.c.c.cold!! Fished a freezing Malahide just up from Portmarnock Martello Tower Sunday morn. 3 of us fished out far and in close with a variety of baits. There wasn't a variety of fish caught though - a blank is a blank. I think the fish must have been sucked up in the tornado that hit Dublin early Sunday morning!!

Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:09 pm

Yes my hunt for the legendary Whale Cod of old dubin bay was once again in vain.. but a move on from Mala-h-h-h-ide to the Bailey later just barely saved me from a blank in the form of microscopic whiting. :?

Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:13 pm

Now I wasn't going to mention the Bailey - blanked there too!

Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:50 pm

Fair play for trying guys, I've hit that spot about 8 times this year and not a sausage, although i nearly always bump into someone who says they have taken nice bass, or doggies or whatevers going....only not that day...

Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:58 am

heard of the odd nice bass taken here. some good flounder too to crab. gets very weedy in summer, can be unfishable.

Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:26 pm

I used to plug fish Malahide in the summer for Bass. Had some excellent catches but that was 3 years ago. Got a few schoolies a couple of years ago and didn't get any reports on the area last year so I didn't bother. I've seem an 8lb fish caught and my best for the area is 6lb. Never fished the area with baits but if you can get Bass in summer you should be able to get them in Winter :roll:

Kev