Inch 26/12/04

Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:14 pm

AAhhhhhhhhhhhhh.Can there be anything more relaxing than Stevens day spent fishing in Inch in near perfect conditions?
Fished from 1.30 to 5.30pm with high tide at 4.30.mackeral and lug bait.
Turned out to be a cracking flounder session.15 caught averaging about 1.5 lbs.The lug seemed to make a big difference as my mate Harry was just using mackeral and caught only 1 flounder.I was getting pleasently embaressed by massively outfishing him :) Sean from the forum joined us for the last hour but it was getting too dark for the flounder at that stage.A great day especially as the final tally read 15 to me,1 to harry,0 to sean. :) (sorry Sean ).Sean and I are planning a cod expedition to Coloo head in the near future given the right conditions so he will have a chance to gain some revenge. :)

Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:13 pm

Nice one Col. Sounds like a cracking day. You'll have to get yourself a digi camera and post a few pics here for all to see.

Well Done mate.

Kev

Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:55 pm

hows the going bigcol.after twenty five years of fly fishing for trout i bought a beachcaster and went to inch ,fished from the rocks near the road but only caught dogfish.Couldnt handle the 13 ft beachcaster , almost hung myself , :oops:
( hope nobody was looking ) must try again . I will be a regular visitor here for tips though.

Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:54 pm

give me a shout when you are going again and i will try to meet up with you to try and help.I am always looking for an excuse to get out for the day.

Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:10 pm

:lol: :lol: great stuff big coll. I will try to give a couple of days before the trout season starts.when would be a good time and what baits will i get ?I will have another cut off that 12ft bastardcaster out in the field first before i make a show of myself.