bangor pier sunday night/monday morning

Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:10 pm

Got one good fish at 2lb pollock. But tooth pics took all my bait and all i can say is bangor is a very poor mark to fish from. Tried pier for any thing going the back of pier for congor i was so bored i ground baited with mac and then sat for 3 hrs with mac head on hook but nothing not even a twich. I will never fish that end of the coast again. 3 other anglers on pier all said it been going to the dogs for mnths. It and the dee fished well last year but this year is poor. Can anyone put me onto a good mark.

Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:25 pm

Where you fishing the very end of the pier under the red beacon ? Mate and i were fishing from 5pm until 9pm last night I landed one conger 12lb lost 2 others and mate lost 1 ,plenty of rockling in the holes in the boulders , pier fishes better on a filling tide for conger .
Didn't see anyone else fishing .

Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:21 pm

We were in Portaferry, Crud.

bangor

Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:50 pm

we got there about 2am yes red light and pier. dont get it then when we arrived 2 lads on metal walk way at bottom off big 50p like things they there until 10am next morm we left about 15 mins later. going to go out with this forum group i been told about. but cant find any new postings from them on any trips coming up soon.

lads

Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:53 pm

Ah i was meant to be out at portaferry last night k2 ( i see ron up to his old tricks congor bashing jammy sod) How did it fish mate. My lift let me down again. Cant wait to get own wheels in jan.

Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:59 pm

Portaferry was fishing crap Pooks, Nothing of any size, But I did discover something quite interesting, namely Coalies of around 2lb swimming up and down the Slipway not taking any bait!!! Ronald got a Conger of Bangor last night, there's a pic on my visitors pictures page on the K2 Website.

Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:09 pm

i think down is dead. first get together of new year needs to be somewere new up north.

Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:49 pm

Don't disrespect my patch! :( *cries* :(

Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:57 pm

sorry big man but your patch is barron i have got more fish in 1 fly trip than i have in 6 trips to sea. and i put this down to fishing in Down. sorry mate but looks bad to me. shame to as its so close to me.

Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:19 pm

Ack well, Enjoy Antrim then. lol.