Rostoonstown.

Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:24 pm

This mark is fishing very well, I have had ten cod on Thursday & Friday night. They are averaging around the three pound mark, the best was around four & half. I have also taken two bass, and some dogs. Most fish were takn on crab/lug cocktail, but plain lug also worked.

Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:33 pm

There are several reports of decent cod all along the south Wexford coast at the moment, Rostoonstown & The Coombe appear to be the best cod venues.

Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:40 pm

Good fishing, what tides did you fish? Was the weather calm/rough?

Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:38 pm

Fished at the Cut last night (extreme left of Rostoonstown) and had a half a dozen good cod all on lug. Going back tonight.

Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:01 am

Let us know how you get on.

Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:16 pm

Only managed one cod a fish of almost 6lb, there were some very good pollock and a number of coalfish. I hear that several lads from Wexford town had plenty of good cod at the Coombe last night.

Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:31 pm

Thats rights, I fished the Coombe last night with a pal and we caught several cod betwen 4 & 6lb. My partner also had a pollock of 71/2 lb, all fish were taken on big lug baits fished at distance over high water.

Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:07 am

is there any point trying these beaches in daylight or do they only fish well after dark. :?:

Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:17 pm

There is absolutly no point in fishing these beaches in daylight, all the beaches in this are are night venues. If I was a betting man I'd wager that there will be plentyof cod around when the sea settles down after this blow.

Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:51 am

thanks Roach,

under orders to be back early. Might try the Talbot.

Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:30 pm

Guest you must be the luckiest sonofab**tch out there. :D .your the only shore angler I know who catches more than mini whitning and dabs.Keep up the good work.