They're out there!

Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:51 pm

Deleted
Last edited by IDPearl on Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:35 pm

See that you are still using impact sheilds on your rigs. Impact leads offer a much better alternative which I think you should give a go. Your rig seems a bit cluttered and I think these leads might help with this.

Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:36 pm

Deleted
Last edited by IDPearl on Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:11 pm

IDpearl you must be the luckiest sonofab**tch out there. :D .your the only shore angler I know who catches more than mini whitning and dabs.Keep up the good work.

there out there

Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:56 pm

hi peral

was this cod caught on a rock mark at howth head?it looks like the rock mark i regurally fish i know from the photo it looks identical to where i fish.its a good mark fishes best over low watter.dont worry il keep the mark secret

damien
hsac

Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:37 pm

Deleted
Last edited by IDPearl on Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

barely legal fish!

Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:59 pm

they wont be out there any longer id pearl if you keep killing codling that size for the pan surely you,d be better off putting back codling that size buddy, no wonder the oul east coast has gone to the dogs with minnows like tese being slaughtered!

Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:22 pm

ye that thought crossed my mind as well. By all means take one for the table but is'nt killing four cod, especially of that size, going a bit overboard when cod fishing is in such a dire state.

Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:48 pm

I agree totally with the two comments above. This kind of behaviour is, apart from ruining ever dwindling fish stocks, just giving ammo to all the anti blood sport lobby groups. The pictures that IDPearl attached are not something he should be posting on an excellent angling site where conservation and proper angling code is being preached. The pictures are a disgrace and should be removed immediately.

Just one final question I would pose to IDPearl, what in the name of god did you do with the codling in the middle of the last picture? By the time you fillet and gut a fish of that size you would have little if anything left?

Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:20 pm

Deleted
Last edited by IDPearl on Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:39 pm

I am the last of the three guest replies and had nothing to do with the previous 2 guests.

Really it isn’t a very convincing argument that you are putting forward. The fact if the matter is that you DID post a picture of a dead undersized codling. Whether it was dead upon arrival or not is irrelevant. You should be thinking of the sport before you do foolish things like that. Those lobby groups I referred to are only waiting to see something like this to go to town on......and in an angling forum of all places.

Maybe you should think in future before posting your reports.

pinkeens!

Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:43 pm

i think theres two sides to this story , id i entitled to take a codling of 1.5 - 2 LB for the dinner but he says he has a small family so whats the point in killing 4 codling. any way id theres no point in being spitefull about your reports because there not 4 or 5 lb codling where talking about here there minnows. Anyway lads if you want some decent codling kilkoole way up to the left of the gates is on form but the coombe , wexford harbour and rostoontown are all producing the goods ive also heard reprots of decent cod taken from enneriely north on big crab baits. tight lines lads and remember to return the pinkeens!

Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:55 pm

your right lads them tiddlers are a disgrace to be taking home, if people where more carefull landing fish they would have a better chance of survival - wouldnt they people should take one at most because the east coast is in bits and needs every bit of help it can get. shame on anybody who kills fish this size.

Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:00 pm

Hows the White Hole fishing?

Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:07 pm

There's too many people willing to take things from this forum without giving anything back. Previously, I've shared knowledge, marks and fishing reports. Won't do in the future.

Bye all!

Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:24 pm

yer only jealous dat ye cant catch any cod. get over it if he hadnt taken them they would have been got in the nets.

Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:24 am

Interesting how a photo like that upsets a lot of people ! Also interesting how much bull comes out and how people jump right up on their high horse ! At the end of the day it was a bad judgement to post photos like these... but hang on lets not get "too" judgemental here ! Smaller fish hooked deep generally do not survive . And who here hasn't caught an undersize fish that has been hooked deep and not gonna make it ? More often than not you throw it back and its dead in the water anyway. It's not a pretty sight but come on.. its part of the sport you have to accept that dragging in a little fish thru strong currents with a hook in its mouth/gullet is going to cause major harm ! Petey ... explain to me how to be careful while "landing" a small fish ? Never heard such rubbish ! I'm not at all suggesting its ok to keep fish of this size but if they aint gonna survive why throw em back? Fact is however fish of this size aren't the ones that will be spawning and thus creating new life. Its the big more matue fish that are caught and killed and proudly displayed in the fishing mags and on web sites that have any chance of spawning ! If you're into conservation ....throw em all back !

Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:29 am

In fact give up fishing altogether !!!!

Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:38 am

My god I’ve heard it all now, the BS that is in the thread is amazing. Your giving ID a hard time over 1 small codling, do some of you really think that if some small fish are kept (deep hooked or what ever, and the BS about landing a fish is absolute crap that has to be one of the stupidest comments I have heard in a long time) compared to the amount of fish say the Atlantic Dawn takes out of the water it’s gonna have that much of an effect. Fish stocks especially the cod stocks are way down but do you think that the amount of small fish that are kept by anglers for what ever reasons comes close to the small fish that is caught in the nets then ground up for animal feed. BE bloody realistic here looking at the other pictures that ID has posted up he is not in the habit of taking small fish so to the people that think it’s a disgrace to have kept that fish let me ask you one question…….have you never killed a small fish, either because it was deep hooked or badly hooked. And if you say you have never killed a small fish then you’ve never fished in your life. And one other thing, cod are one of those fish that really attack the bait and it’s very very common to end up with a deep hooked fish after the first take. Well one thing I have learnt is not to post up about a trip, it causes too much hassle that’s for sure.

John Higgins

conservation?

Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:13 am

Never would it be possible for shore anglers to do real damage to fish stocks. If you think returning small cod to the sea when you question its chances of survival is going to help that species..........your an idiot or nuts. The flotsam from any trawler net, i.e the undersize fish that came up crushed in the net and thrown back are probably more fish than I'll ever catch in my lifetime.
I think some people here consider themselves such master anglers they could put entire species at risk. Cop on!!!! for christsakes. If you weant to conserve fish stocks, stop giving IDPearl a hard time and go down to the minister of the marines office and lobby him over the continuing plunder of salmon in drift nets on the west of Ireland. Last year we extended it to
240,000 when england and scotland spent 4m buying out drift nets.
Do some real good and stop pissing and moaning about a fish kill.Do you honestly think shore catches add up to even 0.001% of whats taken?