Portaferry 5/11/04

Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:39 pm

After the forum meet, I was edging to get back down to Portaferry, So me and my mate went tonight, As we neared the pier we saw 2 Anglers fishing, We got the gear unpacked, Walked down, and realised it was none other than R Surgeoner, and his mate Dave.
The first thing we were greeted with was 'Got a 12.5lb Eel a couple of minutes ago', (Definitelty must be the aftershave!). We set up and started fishing, More Coaly, Pollack and codling were falling readily to mackeral and squid baits. My mate Dave brought the variety with a Rockling and a Doggy... While the other Dave rounded off the night with a 9lb9oz Conger...

I STILL HAVENT GOT ONE. WHAT AM I DOING WRONGGGG?!?!??!

Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:51 pm

Think you must be wearing perfume :D :lol: :lol: ,have to e-mail you the photos so you know what a conger looks like .
Does any-one know of any other spots worth trying around that area ,looking forward to next summer try for wrasse ,but in mean time will have to make do with congers :lol:

Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:24 am

hi guys...
Glad you had some good fishing - and portaferry is not too far away either... :)

Was going to go - but my mate dave wasent free.... so didnt want to feel left out...!
just kidding - anyway - interesting that ronald caught the conger further out... - the ground must be pretty rough then?

Definately wanna try for the coalies/pollack on the fly rod.
when you say jumping..... how high exactly?
down in bangor one night after it got dark i could hear splahes but couldnt see anything... they must go mad at night! 8)

J

Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:58 am

Most of the time they were just topping like trout, but the odd one done a mentler and came clean out....

Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:39 pm

why is every bodys mate called Dave, except mine "Bobby"

Dave

Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:13 am

laffin, you're Bobbys mate Dave!....