Killiney & Greystones South Beach - Sun 21 Nov

Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:24 pm

Tried to fish Killiney White Rock this morning from 7am. Far too much weed on the line - great thick bunches of kelp. Funny thing happened though, about 7:15 I heard a crunch, crunch, crunch behind me and an old fella was there with two great danes. 2 minutes later, there he is stark naked going for a swim!! Nutter!!

Gave up after only half an hour and went to Greystones S. Beach to get away from naked swimmers and weed. Succeeded in doing both and caught a flounder and a small dab. Funny thing happened here too. A young seal was lying on the beach about 150yds towards Greystones town. He was well out of the water and being harrassed by a dog. So I went over to him and pushed him into the water. A little while later he came swimming by me and headed back out to sea. I didn't catch any more fish, so left around 11:30 when I ran out of bait.

Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:44 am

Fair play on the seal Ian!

killiney beach Sun 21/11/2004 afternoon

Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:12 pm

2 of us fished Killiney main beach from 2.30 to 5pm. Had few nibbles early on. Then just as it started to get dark managed to catch a small male cuckoo wrasse and a whiting.

Bait used was rag, lug, frozen prawn and a single sandeel found while digging for lug.

The rag took the 2 fish. For the record there didnt seem to be any interest in the frozen prawns. Never mind they'll get used up on the pan at home.