bangor pier saturday. forum meeting

Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:17 pm

Fished bangor sat from 9am till about 2 ish. Nothing nada not even a flick in the rod. Used rag,crab,mac and squid. Only good thing today was that i got together with a few from the forum. To k2 and RS you know who u are. thank you for a fun day all the same, and it was great to put faces to names. I hope to arrange this again but for times more suited to all. Next time if you are both up for it i will clear the day of work so i can fish and learn more.

Ok k2 i will let them know ... yes k2 got a fish it was me who blanked. You happy now the world knows iam rubbish now. Oh forgot to mention it was a tooth pic he got lol.

Cheers lads i hope you feel the same as me and dave doo ..fun had by all..lets do it again soon.

Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:33 pm

Poor oul Pook, Tried his heart out...
He did supply the chips though!!!
Yes My Fish was a sprick...... In fact my Ammo Medium Sandeels were bigger.
Definitely nice to see a couple from the Forum.
But the best thing about the day for me was, I loaded the K2 up with Braid, and Found that I could cast to Holywood.
We'll all do better next time.

Mmmmmm Stella.

Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:14 pm

Hi Pookie and K2, I wasn't able to get over until 3 o'clock and missed meeting you both.Fished with Ronald and his mate Dave until about half six.Got one short run on the conger gear and had to pull for a break as i got stuck in the rocks.Had no luck on the other rod either.It was baited with half a squid and cast out onto the cleaner ground.Will catch up with you some other time.Cheers.

Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:33 pm

Do u lads not feel we need to Rename the number of Daves involved in this fishing Lark, Pooks got 1, Ronalds got one... Jaysus... All these Daves, If 1 catches a fish we need 2 Put surnames on!! laffin.

Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:53 pm

alright guys ,think you missed the best part of the day ,gerard, davy duck and myself all ended up with conger each davy had biggest of around 8-10lb ours were 6-7lb not big but good fun (gerards first conger) .also had rockling ,poor cod ,pouting ,whiting(tooth picks)and i had only wrasse of day about3/4lb .
Not bad day out pity was a bit windy ,good to meet a few of the guys and have a bit of banter .

Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:47 am

Suppose we've got to ask ourselves....................

WHENS, AND WHERE'S THE NEXT ONE?? :) :) :) :)

next one

Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:23 am

I think this one is up to Rs as he picked the right time to fish. If it suits anyone and a tide is on are side. what about a night fish somewere up the coast. coast road out of Belfast towards larn and all up there. I have not fished up there yet. And would love to be put on a mark up there. let me know what you all think i go with the majority on were and when. But thats my idea so put them aout and lets talk over them. cheers

Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:51 am

I cant do North Coast :¬(
No Transport.
But while we're still on the subject of Yesterday...
What do yaz think of the Superior casting skill with the K2 and the Braid...?

bangor

Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:52 am

I have started a new link for a new date and time if anyone is up for another meet some were. go to clubs buddys bit and leave ideas on when and were. I will post my dates iam abile to fish please do the same. we will take the most asked for date and place and float that idea .

My votes for some were up the coast to see if its fishing better. SO IF YOU KNOW A MARK THAT SUITS ALL STYLES OF FISHING PLEASE LET US KNOW.

Bangor pier - saturday...

Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:02 pm

hi guys...

didnt get down to about 7:30 pm so missed most of you.
chatted to Ronald and his mate Dave -
seen dave catch his conger and then rub it into ronald for the next hour or 2... :D !
nice fish - so fair enough
only fished the fly inside the harbour a little.... actually taked to ronald and dave more than i fished...
is there another sport apart from fishing where you can talk to people you have never met before like that?
i learned some valuble info..!

After you left ronald - caught half a dozen whiting with the sandeels you gave me... near the steps! - cheers :wink:
had an accident unhooking one where he lost an eye - so dispatched him and hooked him on the fly rod with hevy leader and drifted it along the wall....!! - something took him and tangled round a few rocks and lost it...
was going to fire a sinking line on and pull a sand eel imitation about a foot from the bottom near the wall but it was getting a little cold
least i caught a few anyway - was worth the trip...

interstingly - around 10:30 - there were a few sholas of baitfish swimming along the wall - so possibly still something bigger around after them....

2nd meet

Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:02 am

please insure you put your ideas down for 2nd meet. New heading up in clubs and buds part. As for transport to north coast, k2 between us we can sort something out. And to jam clad to see the fly rod got something. Being a fly man myself would have loved to have seen that.

Hope we can all agree a time this time were work dos not get in the road.
I had fun none the less and it was good to see you all. K2 casting was worth the day come on the rest and show me how to do that too.

Re: 2nd meet

Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:07 pm

pookie5488 wrote:And to jam clad to see the fly rod got something. Being a fly man myself would have loved to have seen that.

sorry pookie - actually caught the whiting on the spinning rod with sand eels fished about 2 foot off the bottom

could have caught them on the fly rod if i had changed to a sinking line - but was manily down too see what was happeniong - rather than seriousily fish :wink:

fly

Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:23 pm

i hope you come along the next trip. board up for it in the pals and clubs section now fell free to come along.

cheers