killiney

Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:35 pm

are there any hotspots at this beach? is it worthwhile heading here on an evening tide or would i be better off at somewhere like dun laoghaire or howth piers?
many thanks

Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:19 pm

T be perfectly honest, I would suggest travelling a bit further on to Greystones north or south beaches. AFAIK, Killiney doesn't fish brilliantly All the time. By that I mean the fishing is not consistent, on the other hand, greystones seems to fish well most of the time.

Good luck wherever you end up.

Cheers

Matt

Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:07 am

If your going to fish Killiney head up the beach towards what used to be the "Tea Rooms" but is now a ruined building (past the car park), it's rough ground but fishes better than the rest of the beach.
Damien

reply to killiney

Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:45 pm

killiney is a decent beach but can be tempermental. straight out from the car park is clean ground but it gets rough from the corner of the car park and back towards dalkey. this is a good area though. ive caught codling to 3.5lb and pollack to 4.5lb there in the last couple of months. a bit of rough water seems to help. i fished there last week in flat calm conditions and caught any amount of whiting to 10 inches. annoying at times but much better than blanking. this beach can also produce good sized rockling. i find all baits work well with crab getting the codling going in winter. its a perfect venue for small club comps as fish can be caught very close in. ive found a dropping tide is good and like elsewhere at this time of year night time is a must. i have never blanked on this beach so give it a go. hope ive been of some help.