Greystones, Tonight

Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:42 pm

Hi Guys.

I've just seen a report on Sky News Ireland about the bad weather and there was a fella down at Greystones Harbour, Getting absolutely drenched from the sea comming over the wall, through the harbour,and onto the road.

I sure hope nobody is dopey enough to be out there tonight! Once this is all over, there could be some great fishing there for the next few days. Might even bring in a few more codling...

Thats my two penny worth!

Tight Lines

DTR

Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:45 pm

might spice things up for sat. here's hopin. i remember waiting for the bus at the restaurant/ pub here and being soaked by the spray from the waves breaking over the wall! quite exciting to see though. are you going to go to the fish and meet yourself? chasing those magical 2lb. east coast codling!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:14 am

Morning Mark.

I'm going to try and get up there, and put a few faces to names. What time is it all kicking off?

Matt

Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:48 am

i don't know Matt, i'll put a post up?

Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:29 am

I think that would be a good idea. I've seen loads of posts about the fish off, but nothing as to what time people are gonna start to turn up etc.

Cheers

Matt

Greystones last night!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:33 pm

I went over to Greystones last night when the storm was at its worst.. all I can say is OH MY GOD! The pier was being pounded and the resulting waves/spray was at LEAST 100ft into the air... it was nothing short of mayhem. Should stir things up though for some good fishing! :D

Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:34 pm

we'll probably be able to walk down the road by the pier and pick up a few fish by the sounds of things!

Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:11 pm

Went down to howth at high water in the middle of the storm to have a look and my god what a site..Waves coming over the east pier into the marina. Unbelivable is all I can say. Drove around to a few places to have a look and it was a brillant site to see. Stayed well clear of the water though as the waves were hugh...also at the Balscadden end of the east pier in howth there was rocks about 6inch's in diameter get hurled around like pebbles..We decided to get the hell out of there when one nearly hit the car...Went down the next day and took some picture of all the rocks around the place. Will post some up when I get them online.

John