Greystones South Beach

Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:23 am

Hello all,
Fished the above venue yesterday evening from 6pm til 10.30pm. Was up near the stream and had four codling. Two mini ones, and one 35cm and one 45cm about 2lb all returned :D . The smaller ones were red in colour while the larger ones were fresh golden yellow which proves the Dirty Fecker's point that they are moving in from where he was getting them earlier in the year. Had a variety of bait with me (Rag, lug, sandeel, peeler and mussel) but lug and crab or crab on its own were the only baits getting results. Got one bite which pulled the rod right over in the stand but when i reeled in the slack was stuck solid :x . Its quite snaggy here so be prepared to lose a few traces. I took a picture of the largest fish on my phone but I havent a clue how to post it up here, but I think we all know what a codling looks like.
All the best

how did you do.

Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:05 pm

hows it going , i was the lad that was fishing beside you last night in the lashing rain . did you get any more fish . the fish only started to come on about 18.45 and so did the rain i had to get out of it i could not even see the rods with the driving rain. i ended up with a couple of fish a coalie codling , dab , 4 flounders and a three bearded rockling. this place has got really snaggy since the easterly winds lost about 5 gears.

Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:54 pm

There was nothing else that night. The waves started to get worse aswell so I stuck it out til about 9.30 and then had to try and drive back in pretty flooded conditions. Got a chinese on the way home to cheer meself up, went upstairs to dry off and when I came back down it had been scoffed! So a bad night all round.