Ballyvaldon/ Ballynamona

Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:37 pm

fished friendly comp with friends Sat. night. fished 2 hours on Ballyvaldon. dabs, rockling, flounder, eel and not many of them. after my first cast my headlight fell off my head. the bulb blew when it hit the ground. ouch. i couldn't believe it. all the bait, making rigs, etc. and i couldn't see a thing. fishing 'blind' with a multiplier is not for the feint hearted. came second on our piont system with a last cast flounder. i was a broken man. the winner had two rockling and a dab.

next day ballynamona. fished falling tide and low back up. i love this beach! back on form and showed the mates i could still do it after previous nights disaster! in 5hours fishin had over 20 flats and 3 schoolies. no huge fish but good fun. rag (although lug is usually a better bait here) tipped with mackeral for flats and large king rag for bass. 2 hook flappers cast tight behind breaking waves. short snoods with floating beads lethal. beautiful weather, great company and a few fish. nice.

Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:24 am

Good fishing Mark! Now your back on form, you'll have no excuses next time we get fishin'!!