North Beach Greystones this Sunday 17 Oct

Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:51 pm

Looks like I'm not going to Templetown beach this weekend, so I'll be hitting Greystones North Beach early Sunday morning if anyone's interested. I'll be down the beach a distance though, away from the harbour end.

Target species - any fish dumb enough to take my hooks!

Ian
Last edited by IDPearl on Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re

Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:53 pm

I'm going tomorrow, might go again Sunday

Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:58 pm

I should be there from about 6.30am to 7am onwards. I would turn left at the fish & chip shop on the corner and drive down to the end. Then a short hike for 50 to 100 meters to the left.

Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:21 pm

Hi All.

Yes I might join you for a spot of snagging... :lol:

I'll be there about 6:30ish

Cheers

DTR

North Beach

Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:50 am

Will try and get out late tonight hight tide being at 01.30

Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:19 pm

Got down there for 6:30am. Fished for a while 50 meters past the car park. Caught a 3 bearded rockling - my first. Nothing for an hour, so moved further along. Caught a small pollack there, then nothing for a while so moved further along. Nothing there so moved further along. Ended up at the 5 stones at the far end of the beach. Nothing there so walked back. Met up with adrwdarcy and fished back at the first spot.

Never knew this was such a tackle hungry mark! The sea was very cloudy with a good surf. Kept getting snagged though.

Left at 12pm, just as a huge fishing match was getting underway.

re

Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:35 am

Ian about 20 mins after u left I had a 2lb coalie and 1lb codling.

Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:22 am

Now I'm pi$$ed!! I hope it wasn't on the lug I left you!!!! What about the guys in the comp? Were they catching?

re

Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:30 am

Caught them on mackeral/rag cocktail. The lads in the comp were catching mainly rockling/whiting & coalies. I think the 2lb coalie was the biggest of the day,according to a few of the other anglers. I left at 3pm

Maybe next time Ian :wink:

sun night

Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:15 am

I fished that night from 11pm to 02am. All I had for my troubles was one lousy codling. I was directly infront of the carpart and I kept losing gear there. I was too lazy to gather up my stuff and set up camp down further.

Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:53 am

the wind and tide shift the sand around on this venue. rough seas of recent have probably removed the sand and exsposed the rocks. this means it's more snaggy than usual?