Greystones - North Beach 14/10

Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:04 am

Hi All.

Fished last night from 5:30 - 9:00 with Seaniebo just below were the car park is. Lost a rig almost every cast. Had one small wrasse and managed to catch one of my own rigs that had snagged and snapped off! :) Up until I left, Seaniebo had a rockling.

Very snaggy, I think we fished the wrong part of the beach. That what I get for being lazy, and not taking a walk!!

Matt

Re

Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:30 am

I fished the same spot the other night.Its very snaggy. You'd want to be casting at distance to avoid the snags.

Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:41 pm

I find if you set up camp on the top of one of the steep shelves halfway up the beach and when casting walk down to the water. When retrieving stay on top of the shelf keeping the rod tip high, this way your rigs will be retrieved higher in the water. When you get your rig/fish beached walk down to it, nothing as bad as loosing a fish on the beach - i've lost a few flounders this way in the dark.

Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:39 pm

height advantage always good over rough alright. losing fish on the beach! that's brutal!!
Last edited by m.b3 on Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:15 pm

yep believe it or not Mark, happened to me on 2 sucessive nights down in wexford, I was getting doggies and pup smoothies on 3 hook flappers to beat the band so pumping and winding them up the beach was fairly tough from distance, next morning I would take the dog for a walk, and just where i was fishing a lovely flounder lying there on the beach with the mark of the lead underneath.

What a tool! :oops:

Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:05 pm

that's a pity. i will learn from your mistake! as the tide drops away on these beaches it is easy to be lazy and just stay where you are.