North Beach Greystones- Last Night

Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:19 pm

Started fishing about 7.00pm and finished 10.30pm. Caught 1 codling, 1 rockling, 2 Dogfish and 11lb Conger. Good nights fishing

Congor

Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:53 pm

That congor sounds like a deadly fish!! I was very pleased with myself catching a 3 lb fish. What rig and bait were you using? Do you specifically target Congor? What part of the beach distance etc? Thanks

Re Conger

Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:23 am

Basic running ledger with 4 oz lead & 6/0 hook. King Rag and mackeral head. I've always found this an excellent cocktail. I wasn't targeting conger- mainly codling, seems to catch something evertime.

I have found that Mackeral Head's are very scented -the blood is a lot thicker & therefore can be left in the water longer.

Ed if you PM I might give you a few hotspots where there are good numbers of big conger.....

Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:38 pm

Mackeral eyes are supposed to be a major attractor which is another reason why the head works so well.

Re

Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:41 pm

Good point - I forgot about that

Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:02 pm

some anglers swear by tipping worm baits off with fish eyes. sounds a bit grim.

Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:09 pm

adrwdarcy forgot to say, nice conger! talked to a match angler here befor that told me they can turn up quite a bit here at times. how big was the codling? surprised no coalies showing yet?

Conger

Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:42 pm

Fantastic Conger! Well in envy... Where exactly was this? Close to Bray head? very interesting indeed... :shock:

re

Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:48 pm

Just opposite the car park.

Conga!!

Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:45 am

Nice one Adrwdarcy!! Cannot get pm cos have difficulties logging in. However an email to edmund.burke@intel.com would be much appreciated. Going to give the North beach a lash tonight hopefully.