Greystones (North Beach) Tues 12/10

Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:17 pm

Well well, all these stories about codling around Dublin/Greystones seem to be true. Fished the beach last night from about 8:30 - 11pm using peeler/lug and sandeel.

Peeler was certainly the killer for the codling, and I think for every crab I used I caught a codling. In all I caught about 10 the best of which about 1.5lbs, most were very small however and went back for you all to catch at the weekend. The usual doggies put in an appearance and I had about 10 of them. All in all it was a good night, weather permitting I hope to get out at the weekend with some of the lads Ed/Luke/Pat or anyone else who fancies it.

Last night

Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:21 pm

By any chance were u fishing with someone else?

Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:42 pm

Freaky that Andrew, we both posted our reports at nearly the same time, yeah i was fishing with the girlfriend (who said romance was dead) about halfway between from the harbour and the tunnell. Were you fishing further down at the tunnell, i have heard reports of a good few conger and tope being taken down there.

re

Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:54 pm

I was fishing the other end near the harbour just in front of the car park.
I generally avoid fishing the end of the North Beach - probably due to laziness.

Its strange I caught a conger at the other end of the beach, it's a first.