Ramore Head Portrush 09/10/04

Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:28 am

Fished ramore head sat night for the conger ,5 conger ,4 rockling ,2 lobsters , loads small pollack and 2 pouting .
fished from 7pm to 4am using frozen mackrel ,wind from the east which didn't really help so couldn't get to fish the best spot at the very end of the head facing the skerries .

can you give me directions

Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:54 am

Hi again still looking the first spot to fish from. Not sure about conger but like sound of others. lol

Not sure were this is can you help also do you need to cast out far and is this beach or rock mark any tips on kit to use.

cheers

Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:57 pm

you can get to ramore head by driving through portrush towards harbour ,take the first road to your left just as you go past harbour turn of as you come around corner there is a road to your right marked as car parking ,follow this to you come to massive car park ,park near the tennis courts and walk along the path taking around the top of the head ,to your right ,theres a big gully here which is pretty good for wrasse ,if you go to the very end of the headland you can climb down the rocks ,best place i've found is right at the point you can cast into deep water to left for doggies ,pouting ,small conger , fish to right towards islands for bigger conger and the chance of bull huss. fish right at your feet for wrasse using rag worm .
Couple of us heading down to bangor pier for a conger bash thurs evening ,you can come along if you want ,bring your beach caster and we have plenty of bait you can use ,maybe be able to give you some more tips .

thank you

Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:58 pm

Thank you for guild to portrush.
But more so for invite on thur, but as my luck has it Iam at work and to make it worst i look into the lough from work oh that will be a long night made longer. lol

Keep in touch i would love to see how its meant to be done.

Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:27 pm

Saw some lucky fecker pulling a half decent Conger from Ramore during the Summer.... Looks a nice spot to fish,...

Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:28 pm

Is that an open Invitation Ronald???

k2

Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:11 am

I have seen your site and can only say great pics someone knows what they are doing there. Also do you only fish down that end of the coast. Or like ron can you give tips for up antrim way. Also how does bangor and around there fish in winter.

Thank you both for tips

Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:43 am

hi k2 ,you can take a run up to bangor n.pier if you want ,the more the merrier ! forecast not looking to good ,make sure you bring your wet gear .will be around the fishing platform from about 7 pm .

Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:47 pm

I thought I could make it, But got no lift!!! Ack weel, Maybe next time eh? We were fishing the Dee last night, No Conga's.... :(

Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:55 pm

Hi Ronald.How did your conger session on Bangor pier go on Thursday night?, and where exactly on the pier do you normally fish.Do you fish on the outer seaward side on those (polo mint blocks),or on the inner side from the small platform?.Any info would be gratefully appreciated,as i haven't fished Bangor pier for for about ten years or so.Whats the average size of eels here?.

Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:42 pm

No conger landed on thurs nite ,hooked one fish in the rocks on the back of the pier lost it nearly straight away as it had pulled line into a crack between the boulders .my mate lost three fish as they hadn't taken the hook and where just holding onto the bait letting go on the surface ,not many big fish around the pier this year average seems to be around 12lb the biggest i know of has been 22lb .
A friend of mine had a fish of over 40lb (scales only went to forty) have seen the photos think it looked close to fifty :shock: not bad of the shore ,cant declare the venue he'd kill me but they are about .