east coast

Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:46 pm

Was anybody up fishing the east coast from Larne to Cushendal on Saturday night 9/10/04?Wasn't the wind a nightmare?It was a direct easterly that must have been at least 35-40 knots at times.I tried the rocks at Cushendal,unfishable,Glenarm also hopeless with too much weed.Eventually ended up fishing the small beach at Ballygalley near larne.Was joined here by three other anglers who had tried the ledges and also Glenarm.I ended up with two doggies and a load of left over bait.There was no mention of strong easterlies on the weather forecast or i could have planned my trip accordingly.I know that forecasting isn't an exact science but come on lads ,you weren't even close.

Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:44 pm

nothing as bad. you pick the venue, time the tides, make the rigs for the targetted species, buy/ collect the bait....and the weathers wrong, plus you've got to wait 'til next week to have another go!

Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:32 am

fished north coast myself wind was a bit of a pain . try http://www.metcheck.com the forecast is pretty good and breaks it up into four hourly intervals ,means you have an idea whats going to happen later .