Mullaghmore Beach Sligo

Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:34 pm

madness madness fishing Mullaghmore strand 5/10/04 7pm to 11pm second club match of the season( Donegal Bay S.A.C.) incoming tide.
S/W gale and torrential rain, coming over the left shoulder. This madman decided to walk to the bottom of the beach near the river. I'll show them. Barren for the first hour,I wa going to leave, then two undersize whiting. Next cast a nice flounder. I ended up with two flounder and a killin walk back against the wind and the rain. sob sob the only female member of our club came to meet me and carried my rod bag the last 300yds. Thanks Aoifa. To add insult to injury to finish last with two fish. Allmy own fault for trying tobe too smart. Kirl won with 7 flounder and Finbar second with 6. No blanks and all flounder and dogs. There was a multitude of whiting, a lot near the stick (30cm) Bait small blow lug and frozen mackerel. This was our 2 nd comp of the year both had a gale blowing, but great fishing

Where exactly were most of the fish caught?

Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:14 pm

I fished Mullaghmore a few times and never had huge success. I did catch doggies from the breakwater and the odd flounder and Wrasse, however very little from the beach. Generally I fish mermaids cove (at least the section below the caravan park) but despite various good reports have never done much good. In your opinion where is the best place to fish, what time of year, what tides etcc..
I will be back up that direction soon may get a chance to fish it.

Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:00 am

Hello.
I caught 2 flounder at the river end of the beach.
The lad that won caught his fish about 50 yds below the hut on the beach
all the rest fished from the car park down to him. It was 3 of 4 hrs night fishing incoming neep tide small blow lug, frozen mackerel :lol: