Wexford Town

Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:45 am

Fished off the marina last sunday on a falling tide - lots of codling to 3lb, a few eels aswell. The bass were proving to be quite elusive. The only bait that seems to give any joy is peeler crab. Lads - Ive never fished the marina before but i have to say im very impressed, its so handy. I read an article on it last year by Alan Yates and never put much pass on it - its funny how opinions change i guess.

Wexford Town

Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:56 pm

Hi Bob

To have a shot at the bass you really need to be fishing out at the ballast rocks, and most people troll in boats rather than legering baits. Nice to see the codling making such a big impression so early in the season all along the south and east coasts. Very nice...

Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:58 pm

Yeah, it is nice to see the codling - they put up a hell of a fight in the current and the light gear I was using. Im gonna head out tonight again to try and tempt something a little bigger (with a bit of luck)

Re: Wexford Town

Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:38 pm

Bob wrote:Fished off the marina last sunday on a falling tide - lots of codling to 3lb, a few eels aswell. The bass were proving to be quite elusive. The only bait that seems to give any joy is peeler crab. Lads - Ive never fished the marina before but i have to say im very impressed, its so handy. I read an article on it last year by Alan Yates and never put much pass on it - its funny how opinions change i guess.

Hi Bob
Go to the end of the marina for the bass-I have caught them there to rag/peeler, also spinning with a flying C !.
I have also caught them between the mussel trawlers with light gear.
I haven't been back down to Wexford for months :(

Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:26 pm

Cheers for the tips lads, im just itchin to get out of work and go fishin now! :D

Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:06 pm

Got out for 2 hours this afternoon on the new marina. I had 4(!) peeler crabs. The tide was just turing when I arrived. Not a suausage :(

The new car park on the quay is open BUT it is not open Sundays or bank holidays. It is locked up at 6pm every other day (or so the sign says).