Switch to full style
Old Shore Reports are moved here for Public Viewing
Topic locked

photos

Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:25 am

how can i up load my photos on to my shore reports?

Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:15 pm

When you make the report from the template there is an Add Attachment menu at the bottom. Simply browse for the photo (filename) you want to post and add

Hope this helps.

Power Toys for XP

Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:08 pm

There's a nifty picture resizer for windows xp here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/down ... rtoys.mspx

The downloads are on the r/h side. With the resizer you can right click your photo and choose to resize the image or create a new resized image. The choices of resize are the popular sizes for the web etc.

The original below was over 2mb (resized in seconds):
Attachments
DSC00329 (Small).JPG
DSC00329 (Small).JPG (43.63 KiB) Viewed 25329 times

Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:06 pm

thanks lads

Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:11 pm

Cracking fish Jim!
Sean,

er, what is it?

Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:27 pm

That looks like a warm water fish Jim

You havent been taking Skua even further afield have you?

Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:25 pm

looks like a guilthead bream to me...

i'll see if i can put together an 'easy guide to posting pictures on the forum'

step 1:
when signed in to your account, click on [url=http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bulletin%20board/album.php]Album[/url] which appears in the top forum menu's..
scroll down until you see
• Users Personal Galleries
• Your Personal Gallery

and click on your personal gallery..

you will see 4 buttons near the top
New Folder, Simple View, Upload Pic, Download..

step 2:click on upload pic..
from there browse your pc for the pic to be uploaded (i usually put the photo on the desktop for easy location)

step3:
this seems to be where people are having trouble...
in your album you will see the uploaded photo, below the photo you will see the text (i used a photo from my album as an example)

Image: Thornback Ray
ID: 2204
Poster: stevecrow74
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:13 pm
View: 9
Rating: Not Rated
Comments: Not Commented
Edit Delete Lock Move
Set as Avatar

step 4:now click on the image name.. in my case Thornback Ray and it will bring you into another page with a larger image of the photo..
below the photo you will see the text,(yet again using my photo as example)
Click on image to view larger image
Click here to apply Special Effects

Image Details: ID: 2204 - Image Type: JPG - Size: 640 x 480 (392KB)
BBCode: [albumimg ]2204[/albumimg ]

step 5:what you need to do is copy the BBCode text, in this case its, [albumimg ]2204[/albumimg ]

step 6:an easy way to do this is to open a notepad on the desktop and copy the BBCode([albumimg ]2204[ /albumimg]) into the notepad, then when you are sure it is copied over go back to the section of the forum you want to post a picture, post a reply to that particular thread and insert the BBCode [ albumimg]2204[/albumimg ] into the post and you will hpefully have entered the photo into the submitted post..

a bit like this

p.s. please not i have deliberately placed spaces in the BBCode so that you will see the text as opposed to the photo each time..

steve

Photo

Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:40 pm

In one Steve!

Gilthead bream ex Cork Harbour.

Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:01 pm

stevecrow74 wrote:looks like a guilthead bream to me...

i'll see if i can put together an 'easy guide to posting pictures on the forum'

step 1:
when signed in to your account, click on [url=http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bulletin%20board/album.php]Album[/url] which appears in the top forum menu's..
scroll down until you see
• Users Personal Galleries
• Your Personal Gallery

and click on your personal gallery..

you will see 4 buttons near the top
New Folder, Simple View, Upload Pic, Download..

step 2:click on upload pic..
from there browse your pc for the pic to be uploaded (i usually put the photo on the desktop for easy location)

step3:
this seems to be where people are having trouble...
in your album you will see the uploaded photo, below the photo you will see the text (i used a photo from my album as an example)

ID: 2204
Comments: Not Commented
Edit Delete Lock Move
Set as Avatar

step 4:now click on the image name.. in my case Thornback Ray and it will bring you into another page with a larger image of the photo..
below the photo you will see the text,(yet again using my photo as example)
Click on image to view larger image
Click here to apply Special Effects

Image Details: ID: 2204 - Image Type: JPG - Size: 640 x 480 (392KB)
BBCode: [albumimg ]2204[/albumimg ]

step 5:what you need to do is copy the BBCode text, in this case its, [albumimg ]2204[/albumimg ]

step 6:an easy way to do this is to open a notepad on the desktop and copy the BBCode([albumimg ]2204[ /albumimg]) into the notepad, then when you are sure it is copied over go back to the section of the forum you want to post a picture, post a reply to that particular thread and insert the BBCode [ albumimg]2204[/albumimg ] into the post and you will hpefully have entered the photo into the submitted post..

a bit like this

p.s. please not i have deliberately placed spaces in the BBCode so that you will see the text as opposed to the photo each time..

steve

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Hi Steve i followed your instructions and Hey Presto i have a new Avatar and started my Photo Gallery :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers Steve you are a LEGEND

Danny

Resizing photos

Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:51 pm

This is a good web site for quickly resizing your photos before uploading them...
http://www.jpeg-optimizer.com/

Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:58 pm

can this be made into a sticky??

very handy info..

Re: Power Toys for XP

Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:50 pm

Jim from Cork wrote:There's a nifty picture resizer for windows xp here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/down ... rtoys.mspx

The downloads are on the r/h side. With the resizer you can right click your photo and choose to resize the image or create a new resized image. The choices of resize are the popular sizes for the web etc.

The original below was over 2mb (resized in seconds):

Thats a really handy tool alright, makes it nice and simple, great tip Jim from Cork.
Topic locked