Inch

Old Shore Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

Moderators: donal domeney, saltydog

Inch

Postby bigcol » Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:20 pm

Fished Inch for the first time since may on thursday 2 september.Fished 7 pm to 10.30 pm.High tide at 8 pm.Caught 9 flounder all 1/2 lb to 1lb mark on 2 hook boom rig(the one free in last months sea angler)all during daylight.As soon as it was dusk I changed to razorfish on a pulley rig.2 bass one a shade under 3 lb and the other just over 4lb.There was a nice surf running and I may have caught more had I not run out of bait.The bass were definetly on the feed.
col
bigcol
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby Irish_Shamrock » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:59 am

Is this Inch in Inishowen, Co. Donegal, or a different Inch?
Irish_Shamrock

Postby bigcol » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:24 pm

Inch in the Kingdom county.
col
bigcol
SAI Hammerhead

Inch

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:59 pm

Glad to hjear there are fish moving. I will be down for the Daiwa Pairs event next week. The first competition is usually on Inch and produces some great bags. Plenty of Golden Grey mullet last year too on the beach.

golden greys

Postby kieran » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:43 pm

Hi Guest

Would love if you do catch some golden greys if you could post a photo to us by snailmail or email and an account - often felt they must be available and probably caught without being correctly identified. Any chance please?

Thanks
Kieran Hanrahan

Time spent fishing is never time wasted...

2015 targets - a triggerfish, a specimen bass, a three bearded rockling to complete the set and something big and toothy from certain north Mayo deep water marks
kieran
Site Admin/Owner

Have thanks: 445 times
Blog: View Blog (3)

Inch

Postby Cooke » Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:23 pm

Kieran - that was me as guest.
I will try and get some pictures this year. I have pictures of one from last year but they are of poor quality , the fish was frozen and the features are not properly defined.

I brought the body back to the IFSC and filled in a form for the english angler who had caught it but to date they do not recognise that a population exists and put it down to a freak capture. This is despite the fact that I saw shoals of golden-greys on 5 different venues in Dingle.
Cooke
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 2 times

golden greys.

Postby paudi » Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:52 pm

didnt like the freezer part cooke there fairly rare take your pictures and put them back good boy yourself :x
paudi

Inch

Postby Cooke » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:30 pm

Suffice to say that the fish was not mine. It had been landed by an english angler. The majority of the fish I land go back by personal choice though I would defend the right of any angler to take a fish.
Cooke
SAI Hammerhead

Postby bigcol » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:50 pm

cooke,
do you have the dates and areas to be fished especially Inch as I live near buy and would like to go and watch you experts at work.
col
bigcol
SAI Hammerhead

Inch

Postby Cooke » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:09 pm

Col - will not be sure of the venues until saturday as the organisers will wait to see what beaches are fishable - I understand there is loads of weed on the beaches this week. The Inch competition is scheduled for next thursday. Headquarters for the week is Paudis Bar Dingle. Sunday is the first competition day. I think Ventry will be used for one zone and possibly Smerwick Harbour beaches for the other. PS - do you know anywhere producing mackerel ?. I am not looking for big numbers just a couple for the competition on Sunday.
Cooke
SAI Hammerhead

Postby bigcol » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:26 pm

Cooke,
tyhanks for the info on the tournament.Will keep an eye out.The best places for mackeral at the moment are dunmore head and the mouth of dingle harbour to the left of the light house.It might be getting a bit rough for Dunmore.Failing that the easier option is fenit pier although there are far fewer fishbeing taken there.I think your best bet if the weather calms down is Dingle.Turn down at the racecourse to the carpark at the end of this road.Walk up the cliffs to your left where you will find a few access paths down to the rocks.
col
bigcol
SAI Hammerhead

Return to Archived Shore Angling Reports