greystones-south beach

Old Shore Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

Moderators: donal domeney, saltydog

greystones-south beach

Postby Rich » Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:08 pm

Arrived last night at 8 and fished till about 2am.I was using Mackerel strip,Squid and Lug.Casting was about 100-120yds.Only managed a small Codling and a largeish Smoothie of about 4lbs.Was getting plenty of bites but they were just small and the feckers kept nicking me bait!
Rich

Postby lampoon » Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:57 pm

fished the south beach on sat night, down at the river had 13 codling 2 coalies 2 dabs and a small bass was also caught between myself and the brother. good session they all went back.
lampoon

Postby Rich » Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:33 pm

Yeah,I spotted you in the distance,I was the one just a bit further back towards the town,must have been in the wrong spot :roll: ,maybe next time I'll head further down the beach
Rich

Postby lampoon » Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:42 pm

fish it down just before the river good variety here, mixed ground or else try on the rocks at the end but fish close in maybe between 40 -80 yds its weedy and the fish are in it. use rag and crab bring some sandeel for the dogs and mussel from now on for the coalies thats all you need in the winter switch the rag for good lug and youll pick up some codling and nicw whiting. fish close its the key here.
lampoon

Postby liamd » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:57 pm

hey lads,
just on the stream in greystones. should u fish that close in there too? and what part of the tide is best to fish?
liamd

Return to Archived Shore Angling Reports