East Cork mark?

Old Shore Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

Moderators: donal domeney, saltydog

East Cork mark?

Postby Cork Angler » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:36 pm

Could anyone recommend a mark around Ballycotton area for decent shore fishing . Need to unwind from work and could really do with fishing a new spot . Would like to be able to use Spinning rod and Beachcaster .
Cork Angler

east Cork

Postby kieran » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:14 pm

Hi

There are a whole series of beaches from Guileen east to Ballycotton but alas no recent reports on how they fish - mostly flatties and bass sought. Guileen is readily accessed and could provide some bass sport on baits and plugs...

FWIW...
kieran
Site Admin/Owner

Have thanks: 445 times
Blog: View Blog (3)

Ballycotton Cliffs

Postby plukeman » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:59 am

I fished the Cliffs at Ballycotton, supposedly a good mark for specimen flatties on the 3rd September. I blanked all day, but as dusk came and the high tide started to fall I had several hard knocks on the rod tip. I failed to strike into anything, but I was probably too anxious, having sat all day with nothing.

I had met a group of anglers getting off a charter boat in Ballycotton harbour who told me of the mark, they had caught bass, pollack and mullet (freelined mackeral) there in late August, so I guess it must be worth another visit.

To get there, turn right just before the harbour in Ballycotton, there is a signpost for Rock Fishing, follow the road to a car park, near a new house being built. A Path leads across the cliff tops and about 1/4 mile a path disappears down to the left, a path leading to some very steep steps, not too bad, but I wouldn't trust it on a bad day.

If you have any luck please let me know. I tried Crab, Sandeel and mackeral strips for bait, the dusk bites came from the rod with sandeel on a flowing trace.
plukeman

Ballywilling and Ballycreannan

Postby drseafish » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:41 pm

Hi,

Both of these beaches are fishing very well since last week. Some early (very early) codling are showing up to 2lbs to crab and lug. 6 blond ray were caught at Ballywilling last week. Things are looking very good at present after a poor summer.
drseafish
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 1 time

Return to Archived Shore Angling Reports