North Clare

Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:49 pm

Ive been putting a bit of effort to get new members into the club and having successfuly recruited a few am now putting in the hours hoping they catch a few fish and then catch the bug and stay with the club.

Weve been fishing a lot of handy venues round the city and it was time to go further a field, alas the weather was a mild NW for days, basically no surf, coming into a neap - no swell etc. etc.

I had the lads well prepped that this was about looking at a new venue and giving yourself the best chance when the conditions were favourable - we will catch nothing or maybe an undersize coalie or two

was hardly looking at my rod, showing them bait presentation, getting lugs on the hook properly etc.

went back to my rod and noticed a twitch and then felt a bit of weight, to my delight a schoolie comes in right on the bottom of the ebb in virtually no surf, to add to the maddness i was using a refrozen sandeel (precisely what i told the lads not to do!) I had made clear you needed fresh lug or crab for this job - i have never caught one on a sandeel before

thats fishing for yea :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: North Clare

Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:38 pm

Congrats on the bass Brian!

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:23 pm

Nice fish, congrats!

Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:12 pm

A clear case of "do as I say, not as I do",,,,NOT! Congrats on the bass.

Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:57 pm

nice 1

Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:31 pm

Lovely stuff Brian. Hope the new members scratched out a few too.

Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:08 pm

thanks, the new lads had a few small coalies and some rag order flounders, well spent - there was a weaver too that i had to sprint to tell one of them not to touch it - a good education for the 3 lads

Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:29 pm

nice bass well done

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:35 am

Fair play- sometimes it just takes having a bait in the water to get results I suppose!! What beach were ye fishing in North Clare??

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:54 pm

good stuff,an unexpected bass is always welcome :)