Re: predictable fishing.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:37 am

cortaz wrote:Ddnt get out much last few days , had other unforseen commitments, meetings wit planning consultant,solisators,council officals, then looked at a few sites...i was busy :) guided an elderly semi invilad gentelman yesterday afternoon, first mark he had a 6lber on a F.S.popper, next mark a 5lber again on popper, to say he went home happy would be an understatement.
There are lots of fish about there just not taking or they cud be feeding selectly on shrimp or hoppers, :? think it more to do with the lack of baitfish in the bay, theres a few sandeels about and thats all no big sholes of sprats/fry :? :shock:

hey man well done with the oullad,its the same around dublin-lots of fish everywhere but not feeding hard and as you say very little sandeel or fry around(surprising really given the weather).

Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:54 pm

got a few more today 8) got 1 off the high wall got it on a 1 up shad casted into the boil took it on the drop 8).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:58 pm

few more today 8) .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:05 pm

Well done Art the master and his students....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:44 am

bet these guys learned a thing or two off the master !!!!

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:48 pm

JULY 2010.
1st.
2th,poor
3th.poor
4th good/fair 8) .L/Q.
5th.poor/fair
6th.poor/fair
7th.poor/fair
8th.fair/good
9th. good :P
10th.excellent :P :P :P :P
11th.excellentN.M. :P :P
12th.good :P
13th.good :P
14th.good :P
15th.fair :shock:
16th. poor :shock:
17th.poor 8)
18th good .F.Q. :P :P :P
19th. fair
20th, poor :shock:
21th. poor :shock:
22th. poor :shock:
23th. poor :shock:
24th. v good :P :P :P
25th. excellent :P :P :P :P
26th. excellenrF.M. :P :P :P :P :P
27th. excellent :P :P :P :P :P :P
28th. excellent :P :shock: :shock:
29th.excellent :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
30th. v good :P :P :P :P :P
31st. good :P :P

Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:45 am

I have to say I look at these predictions before I go out and they haven't been wrong so far. When Cortaz says it's excellent I seem to be getting much bigger fish. When he says poor days it usually is just that, poor.
Looking forward to the August one Cortaz to do some planning.

Cheers

Tommy b

Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:43 am

AUGUST 2010
1st,poor
2th.poor/useless :shock: :shock:
3th.fair. ray/big bass day 8) lq.@ 06.00
4th,poor :shock:
5th,poor :shock:
6th,poor :shock:
7th.fair/good
8th.good
9th.excellant :P :P :P :P :P :P best day for numbers. 8)
10thexcellant.NM. @04.00 :P :P elvis lives :) :shock:
11th.excellant :P :P
12th,good/fair :P
15th.poor :P
16th.good. 8) fq.@19.41
17th..poor :shock:
18th.poor :shock: :shock:
19th.poor :shock: :shock:
20th.poor :shock: :shock:
21th.fair/poor :?
22th,fair/good :?
23th.excellant 8) :P :P
24th.excellant :P :P :P :P FM.@
25th.most excellant :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
26th. fair/good :shock:
27th.v,good :P :P :P
28th.v,good :P :P
29th.fair/good 8)
30th. fair good 8)
31st..poor. :shock:

8) if yas look back over the catch reports theres a distinct and noted increse in ray catchs on day of L/Q/ 8)

Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:19 pm

Not a boast just facts. :P
Recently, with others, well over 600 bass in 10 sessions 8) in 3 sess over 2 days 350 8) ,100 between 4/8lb 8). 4 times i landed 2 on same lure at same time, had about another 20 dubble hookups. sometimes there wer huge numbers of bass present 8) wit the hooked fish being mobbed by 100s
Most sucessful lure.
1.secert :wink:
2, tide minnow.
3, xslayers.
4, 1 up shads.
5, feed shallows
White stood out as the best colour regardless of lure.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:09 pm

Hi Art
Love the ould tide minnows myself..they really are great...repair them myself aswell...coz when the nose breaks at that price i ain't buying a new one....did you ever try the zonk gataride? is that the secret???
also whats this rumor about a big bass caught in a known mark with very smelly water in dungarvan??? is it true???how big

Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:12 pm

That is some fishing by the way 8) :mrgreen:

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:55 pm

hey arthur the no 1 lure wouldnt be a blue lucky strike flash minnow by any chance would it :lol: :lol: , well done on all the fishies sure your well used to them numbers 8)

Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:57 pm

Hi Art
Love the ould tide minnows myself..they really are great...repair them myself aswell...coz when the nose breaks at that price i ain't buying a new one....did you ever try the zonk gataride? is that the secret???
also whats this rumor about a big Bass caught in a known mark with very smelly water in dungarvan??? is it true???how big

Barra, :P got 1 of the zonks, 8) havent got round to tryin it :idea: havent heard of any realy big fish,,good few dubbles up to 12lbs,

hey arthur the no 1 lure wouldnt be a blue lucky strike flash minnow by any chance would it :lol: :lol: , well done on all the fishies sure your well used to them numbers 8)

:Pyas mean this 1 :P :) that lure has caught 300 in last 2 months and thats just for me, the other fella been borrowing it a lot :) we,ve started hideing it on each other :P

Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:02 am

cortaz wrote:AUGUST 2010
1st,poor
2th.poor/useless :shock: :shock:
3th.fair. ray/big Bass day 8) lq.@ 06.00
4th,poor :shock:
5th,poor :shock:
6th,poor :shock:
7th.fair/good
8th.good
9th.excellant :P :P :P :P :P :P best day for numbers. 8)
10thexcellant.NM. @04.00 :P :P elvis lives :) :shock:
11th.excellant :P :P
12th,good/fair :P
15th.poor :P
16th.good. 8) fq.@19.41
17th..poor :shock:
18th.poor :shock: :shock:
19th.poor :shock: :shock:
20th.poor :shock: :shock:
21th.fair/poor :?
22th,fair/good :?
23th.excellant 8) :P :P
24th.excellant :P :P :P :P FM.@
25th.most excellant :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
26th. fair/good :shock:
27th.v,good :P :P :P
28th.v,good :P :P
29th.fair/good 8)
30th. fair good 8)
31st..poor. :shock:

8) if yas look back over the catch reports theres a distinct and noted increse in ray catchs on day of L/Q/ 8)

Today cud be a red letter 1 8) , be in the right place in the early afternoon or late eve,n

Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:08 am

seanie35 wrote:hey arthur the no 1 lure wouldnt be a blue lucky strike flash minnow by any chance would it :lol: :lol: , well done on all the fishies sure your well used to them numbers 8)

:lol: :lol: These lures are now obsolete sean time to take up catfishing or something because youve just lost your bass mojo to art :shock:
Art how ya keepin the pied piper of Bass 8)

Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:34 am

clownfish wrote:
seanie35 wrote:hey arthur the no 1 lure wouldnt be a blue lucky strike flash minnow by any chance would it :lol: :lol: , well done on all the fishies sure your well used to them numbers 8)

:lol: :lol: These lures are now obsolete sean time to take up catfishing or something because youve just lost your Bass mojo to art :shock:
Art how ya keepin the pied piper of Bass 8)

just aswell i bought 2 at the time :twisted: and as for bass mojo ......i think blank mojo would be better jay but this week is going to change all that :lol: 8)

Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:00 pm

my own fishing was poor past few days :cry:

Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:30 am

the recent s.e.(onshore) wind has deposited large amounts of kelp/seaweed along the h.w. line, in 2 weeks time on the spring tides this will be full of maggots, the mullet will be feeding hard from 2/3 meters out if ya can find feeding fish its easy to get lots of hookups on the flyrod using maggot fkys. the best days would be from the 6th to 8th set..
The bass fishing shoud be very good for all the same week.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:02 pm

got some nice 1s today on xslayers, going to fish same mark tonite in the dar 8) :P

Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:07 am

Setember 2010.
1st.fair 8) .l.q.
2th.poor :shock:
3th.poor :shock:
4th.poor :shock:
5th.fair 8)
6th.v, good :P :P
7th.most excellant 8) ., shoud be a red letter day :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
8th.N.M. :P :P :P :P :P
9th, v.good