Shrink wrap?!

Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:29 pm

Hi everyone,
I plan on tidying up a Daiwa HPB beachcaster I have and regarding shrink wrap for the butt, I'm having bother finding good quality stuff. I'm not interested in that diamond pattern stuff, just want comfy warm black shrink wrap. Any ideas where I can source some?
Cheers
Bo

Re: Shrink wrap?!

Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:59 pm

Check out the Delux supergrip shrinkwrap at Veals mail order. I put it on a couple of rods and find it excellent

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:10 pm

If you are not using coasters I highly recommend a bare butt with just self amalgamating tape grips for each hand.

Saves on weight, feels better in the hand and looks far slicker.

Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:17 pm

Have a look in your local electrical wholesaler. I spotted some large diameter tube the other day so I'm buying from them to redo some kayak paddles .

Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:20 pm

Great info guys thanks very much, I'll be fixing a reel seat. My time with coasters is over!

Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:18 pm

Fantastic rods I have a battered one over 30 year old and still love using it every now and again.

Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:57 pm

Agreed, I often forget I have it and use something else so wanna get it back out catching again.

Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:47 pm

Keep these tips coming as I am halfway through redoing my old Paul Kerry beachcaster rod just short of shrink wrap ?
mickser

Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:56 pm

Hi Mick I ordered the delux one from Veals today so will let you know what its like when it arrives! Bo

Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:26 pm

The deluxe from veals is the job its the same as the century stuff

Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:59 pm

Guys probably a stupid question but is it better to put on the shrink wrap, then epoxy the reel seat in position over the shrink wrap? Or epoxy it straight to the bare blank and shrink wrap above and below?

Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:23 pm

The deluxe from veals is the one so I will be epoxying and threading it straight on to the blank then heat shrinking the shrink wrap over everything aswell just to be extra sure.
mickser