Targeting Turbot from shore

Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:20 am

Hitting an old favourite Turbot mark next week.I usally use plain 3 hook flappers with mackerel and sandeel which works ok. Just wondering if I should change it up and add black wrap, squid or lug to my bait bucket. Do they like beads like flounder. Any tips and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Targeting Turbot from shore

Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:45 am

I generally find, the bigger ones, plain rigs mack or sandeel - odd time razor after a blow

the lug and wraps mainly attract the teabags - or earings as ive heard them called also

Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:55 pm

if there's a turbo about, you can not fail with a long strip of mackerel belly... works every time. Would not bother with anything else on a beach...

Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:51 pm

works every time :lol: :!: :!: :lol: :wink:

Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:26 am

:lol: if there's a turbo about! :lol:

Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:54 pm

dexs7 wrote:Hitting an old favourite Turbot mark next week.I usally use plain 3 hook flappers with mackerel and sandeel which works ok. Just wondering if I should change it up and add black wrap, squid or lug to my bait bucket. Do they like beads like flounder. Any tips and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Stick with mackeral strip man. They seem to love.. :) Ihave had bass flounder and turbot in the one session on my prefered belly strip, and same session black wraps didnt get any attention.

Dying to get at them myself, in between my new found hobby, Pike fishing :P

Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:47 am

Belly strip of mackerel.

Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:44 pm

Mackerel strips seem to be the only thing to work well for Turbot.