Fish 'N' Strips

Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:54 pm

Saw these green gooey strips advertised in Total Sea Fishing a month or so ago.

Has anyone tried them? Are they any good?

Fish strips

Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:31 pm

I haven't tried them but they look like a bit of a gimmick to me and very unatural, never mind the price.
Last edited by George on Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:19 pm

Last months Total sea fishing done a review on them . The fish strips caught pleny of fish (mostly dabs) . Still i wouldnt have that much confidence in them Maybe will do my own tests and come to my own conclusion .

"It does what it says on the tin!

Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:56 pm

I bought 2 packs of the fish n strips bout 2 months back. they are the strangest looking bait i had ever seen - luminious Green, but as they say "It does what it says on the tin!!!". I found them to be ok as a small bait. fished them along side Rag, Mackerel & frozen Squid and i have to say they caught as many fish as any of the other baits. Whiting, Plaice, Dabs, school Bass and codling seem to like it.
My opinion is it is an ok bait to have in the tackle box for that night when the wife is pissing you off :twisted: , you gotta get out of the house and you aint got time to pick up any other bait!!!!!
only complaint i would have is they are very small - a No. 2/0 hook is about the biggest hook that would take just one strip.

Real Bait

Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:07 pm

In my opionion you'd be better off buying bait from a tackle shop as it would work out much cheaper if not digging it yourself.

Tue May 04, 2004 8:31 am

Well, got out on Sunday for the first time this year and decided to put the fish 'n strips to the test. Never caught a thing on them!!!

I fished two hooks on a spreader so that they were as near identical as possible. Same size hooks, etc. Green thing on one, wee bit of mackerel on the other. Red, Grey & Tub Gurnard on the mackerel, nowt on the greenies.

Well, that's not entirely true. Out at the wreck I did get a few Coalies on them, but there were so many of them that they'd have taken bare hooks so that hardly counts.