Switch to full style
Come on now, ante up! Give us your tips and tricks, those little snippets and trade secrets gleaned from years of experience and experimentation!
Topic locked

Wobbly handled 7HT Users....

Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:45 pm

Apologies mods if it treads on anyones toes linking to another site but this is the best explanation I can find short of typing it out myself.

Had issues with a wobbling handle/Pinion gear on an expensive 7HT mag that was making nasty grinding noises retrieving under load. Discovered there is a very simple solution that will fix the problem in no time. Apparently its a common issue through the 7HT range although to be fair, I only noticed it on my 7HT mag. You would think that if companies can afford to manufacture and sell a part like this to amend an inherent problem in a range of reels that Daiwa themselves would address this and put it in in the first place!

Have a read below.

http://www.anglingaddicts.co.uk/forum/d ... 11677.html

Re: Wobbly handled 7HT Users....

Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:26 pm

petekd wrote:making nasty grinding noises retrieving under load.

Penn 525 and 535 have the same problem with the bearing holding the gear pinion. To fix it you have to buy the whole body of the reel.
I tapped out one and took it to Reliance Bearings in Cork in 2/3 days I had 10 new bearings for a few €'s

Re: Wobbly handled 7HT Users....

Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:43 pm

Had the same problem with a 7ht mag fit the new sleeve and sorted. the free spool button gets gammed also witch I found to be fingers on the release mechanism slightly bend stripped reel and bent back to original shape and reel is fine , I know a lot of lads got rid of reels down to the fear of this happening to them but is easily fixed.
Topic locked